Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this sounds picky but I think the way the hood latches down is about as sorry as u can get for a design! The safety latch eats right into the paint and there isnt even a latching bar like on the truck or door! Any sugestions on making this situation better I figure its just gonna keep on putting a nice groove right where the hood latches! I thought about some rubber or something but didnt like that idea!
Plus u cant even replace the latching plate in the hood if u wanted to! Thanx for some feedback ! Havgun #1676

·
Registered
63 Posts
I noticed the same thing the first day I had my Bullitt. I put automotive grease on the area where the latch comes in contact with the hood. Other than that, I close the hood carefully.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Dropping the hood is really the only way to go.. I tried being carful but I think that the stress of pushing down on the slowly and hard enough to latch it is more damaging than the quick shock of having it drop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What I meant by carefully was that I drop the hood just about 1 ft. to close, just enough to latch it. I have seen some people drop them from almost full open (like quick oil-change places).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I guess we are stuck with the engineers nightmare huh! Havgun #1676
You know sometimes old is better ( Remember the "REAL" Bumper jacks from days gone by Man how sweet they were ! hell u could jack your entire car off the ground try that on one of the bumpers today and it will be on the ground :smile: Maybe Ill figure out a design for the hood latch!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-07-29 01:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have never gotten mine to latch from a drop. Besides it sounds terrible like it is going to break something.

I just engage the safety latch and then give the hood a good palms-down push to latch it down all the way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i noticed the same thing, i was wondering if the hood latch could be moved over to lessen the blow. I helped a friend install a hood on his chevy, and we had to keep adjusting the latch to make everything work right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts