Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Never could understand going with those "doomed to fail" gas struts. Nothing beats a prop rod for fool proof operation every time.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
NXT gas struts

Never could understand going with those "doomed to fail" gas struts. Nothing beats a prop rod for fool proof operation every time.
Installed over 10 years ago from California Pony my gas struts still holding up my hood. Like me, a little sag when leaving the hood open over night...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine didn't have a hood prop, but I do have brand new Redline struts as a back up. The prop is supposed to be stainless...

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Maybe the '08's were stainless? My original (bought the car new) hood prop is painted black. Not painted by me.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The original on the 08s were also black, just like your.

Stainless or Chrome is aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I failed to mention that it is aftermarket. 3670 is used, if it had a prop, mine was missing...

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I assume a "sawed off" broom handle would also be considered Aftermarket? I remember a time in the past, I used one of those Aftermarket hood props. Just kept it in the trunk until I needed it. Just had to worry about losing it if it fell through the rust holes in the trunk. "Those were the days........NOT"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts