Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get that prop out of there and replace it with something like the trunk has? I hate having to move around it!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ahhh.. things from my old 95 T'bird I wish I could transplant into the Bullitt.

Light under hood.
Lit interior controls (all) at night.
IRS (hmmm.. sometimes)
Steering Wheel (really)
But mostly...

Prop-rod-less air cartridge held hood!!!

I'm sure it COULD be done, someone here will have to elaborate. I wouldn't know how to do it. However, I will note this: The 'bird had coiled flat helper springs under the hood. My point being that (on that car) I think cartridges that could hold the hood on their own would have been too strong to easily close the hood. The springs felt almost cammed, with strong initial resistance, but no resistance whatsoever once you got past a certain degree of downward movement. If anyone knows an easy way to swap in something like that, I'm all ears...

But...
Removing the oil filter from the T'bird 4.6 was impossible to do without a huge mess. The bottom left hand side of my engine and crossmembers were quite gunky with old oil by 97k miles. There is noticably LESS interference on the Bullitt, which I am very happy about. You actually had to turn the 'bird filter UPSIDE DOWN to get it out. At least that was the only way it would ever fit for me.

Joe

I still miss that car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-08-16 03:11 ]</font>

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I remember seeing a kit with the hydraulics for Mustang hoods because I was thinking of doing it to my 98GT, but I can't remeber the company name. :???: I saw the ad in one of the Mustang mags i get. At least its a start.
Cam

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dugan Racing in the Atlanta area has a kit for around 70$.770/962-5678

1 - 5 of 5 Posts