Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Bullitt bus wish the hood scoop (a) worked
(b) did not hold water

I wash the car, dry it carefully and for the next 24 hours water trickels out of the hood scoop. As the car is black, it leaves a mess on the hood and looks like hell.

Has anyone else noticed this? Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Everyone has the same gripe. :sad:

What I do is wash the car on the downhill slant of the driveway, put my knee on the bumper so the car will squat and slightly lift up on the front of the scoop. 99% of the water runs out, but I keep my Absorber handy to touch up the spots.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When finished washing open the hood and allow excess water to train while drying the rest of the car.THE WATER WILL DRAIN OUT THE BACK SIDE OF SCOOP.Once your ready to dry off the hood allow the hood to close which will knock some excess off honey cone front cover, now dry the hood. That what works for me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not a problem for me, I don't wash mine with water. :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yep.. they ALL do it. You can raise the hood for a few minutes. I do that or stuff a towel in the recess while waxing and it gets most of the water sucked out.

Brian

·
Registered
140 Posts
What Moljay, no water in Georgia?

·
Registered
448 Posts
LOL, at least I'm not affected by the water bans in the summer. :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Doing about 70 MPH gets the water out of mine, then I pull off at an exit, find a parking lot and dry off all the excess water. I also use a "California Duster" which works great between washings!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I take a chamois or a towel and stick it in the scoop then open and shut the hood a few times rinsing the chamois each time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-09-03 12:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
243 Posts
Opening and closing the hood a few times and the wiping with a towel usually works for me. Of course there's nothing you can do about that one last stupid drip that always comes out 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same problem here, I hope it doesn't lead to hood rusting years down the road. I have an inclined driveway and was washing it downhill but found out that if you do that then the trunk lid fills up with about a gallon of water. Then you either have to dry that out or turn the car around and let it drain. I'll try the hood raising thing next time during my weekly wash.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I just stuff a towel in the opening and leave it there until I am done with the rest of the car. Works every time. Sometimes I just use hurricane force winds, which seem to work as well, and it is a lot more fun!!!! :-B

·
Registered
715 Posts
Opening the hood works pretty well. In addition I use an air compressor w/spray nozzle to blow off the remaining H2O.

Then I throw a chamois in the trunk and go for a drive. I usually have one of those Bin Laden water beads, you know the kind that hides and waits for a time to make a run for it. I use the chamois to execute the bead.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Annoying ain`t it. I raise the hood and wipe down the motor and the underside of the hood and let it sit while I do the rest of the car. Same for the trunk drains that keep running over the rear bumper.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-08-05 21:02, Doc Coffin wrote:
Annoying ain`t it. I raise the hood and wipe down the motor and the underside of the hood and let it sit while I do the rest of the car. Same for the trunk drains that keep running over the rear bumper.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That is exactly what I do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The hood has the same indented area as for the six cyl models. That fills up with water and lasts for days. Take the scoop off, fill in the indentation with clear silicone, take the mickey mouse weatherstrip off the scoop and reinstall. The water just runs right through cause it has no place to stand. Works great.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I keep beer in my hood scoop. Then, by using a long tube atatched as a straw, the beer is 'ram-aired' into my waiting gullet. The faster I go, the better it works.
Mmmm, beer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts