Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would everyone who has the paint chipping off under the hood scoop sound off so we can take a count of how many vehicles have this problem. I have made a formal complaint through Ford corporate customer service, but they say there is no fix for now and will not be unless more people come forward with their complaint. I noticed that some of you guys have touched up the area. My dealer told me they contacted Ford about it and said not to do anything or modify the scoop as this would void warranty. I would like to see a factory installed gasket to eliminate this problem. Touch up and repainting the hood will only be a temporary fix. If anyone else has found a different fix from Ford, please let us know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I had those chips and 95% of the black GTs I have seen had the same problem.

The shop fixed mine and so far there are no new chips.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
2276 has signs of paint being scrapped due to the flex of the hood.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't have chips in that area, but had several chips repaired on driverside rear quater panel and a unpainted spot above the drivers door repainted (found them when I bought the car). In the process of repairing these problems they chipped the paint on the roof. I also have 3 chips on the hood (rocks I think) already and I only got the car in September. Is there a problem with the paint? Seems to chip real easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-09 20:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the clearcoat does seem to be very thin on this car. I have only washed mine once. I was very careful and used clean sponges and everything. I found a few minute scratches. If it scratches this easy, I would think it would chip very easy too. I guess I will have to put about 5 coats of wax on it now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Bullitt #2989 has the chips under both sides of the hood scoop.1.5 to 2 inchs long on both sides.They grow as you drive,wash or wax.I think its because the hood scoop flexs.I will get the dealer to fix it someday....

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
My Black Bullitt had chips under the right side of scoop on hood. They were there since day one, but I touched them up and they haven't spread. If you have the dealership screw with the paint, you are asking for trouble. Trust me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2001-11-10 20:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a chip under the passenger side of my Black Bullitt's hood scoop. Returned it to the dealer and they repainted the entire hood, no hassle. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
959 Posts
So far, no paint problem on the scoop on my black #66.. (fingers crossed):O

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts