Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2008 hood was shaking like crazy. When I left the lot to take her home I actually pulled into a parking lot thinking they left the hood partially latched. I had read the way to fix this was to turn the rubber snubers all 4 in front counter clockwise until the hood would not shut then back them off 1 turn. Which I did. It fixed the passenger side but the driver side was still shaking. It truly was a shaker hood.... LOL OK I stole that from another member... Anyway, I finally fixed it to my satisfaction. I turned the driver side snubers (Both) counterclockwise until the hood would not shut on its own weight. I then gave the hood a little help when shutting it. It now does not shake hardly at all. Just a little around 80-90MPH;) My neighbor came over and wanted to see the engine. After I closed the hood it shut without a problem. Maybe the snubbers got use to the adjustment??? Anyway the point is you can almost eliminate the shake you just have to experiment with adjusting the snubers till you find the "sweet spot"...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Good info for anyone with the shaker hood syndrome. LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Thanks Wesso, I have made this adjustment to mine and hope to test it out today...I had one of the "Shaker" hoods...Someone (Can't remember who) told me it was "Standard on these Mustangs"...Well I am really looking forward to testing this out...Thanks Again...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bulldog1964 said:
Thanks Wesso, I have made this adjustment to mine and hope to test it out today...I had one of the "Shaker" hoods...Someone (Can't remember who) told me it was "Standard on these Mustangs"...Well I am really looking forward to testing this out...Thanks Again...
Good luck Bobby. Let me know what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Just what the doctor ordered...Man no shake at all...Now I don't have to FREAK OUT any more...Thanks...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bulldog1964 said:
Just what the doctor ordered...Man no shake at all...Now I don't have to FREAK OUT any more...Thanks...
Awesome. Glad I could help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Glad I found this post. Got my new to me 2008 in May and finally got some sustained high speed driving in. Above 100 the hood was shaking like it wanted to pop open. Gonna try adjusting the snubbers and see what happens.

I love this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts