Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a set of gas charged hood supports to eliminate the dreaded prop rod. Anyone have opinions on which set to get? There are a few different ones I;ve seen online.
Thanks Bullittheads!!:dhg01:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Since I seldom open the hood, I have kept the prop rod. Eventually the gas filled pistons will fail, and I will have opened my hood maybe twenty times. Twice for showing off my latest toy...the gas charged pistons.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I recommend these.. the look of OEM (more so with painted brackets), bolts on in minutes, and most importantly no holes to drill..

You can get them at a couple different vendors, I like to spend my money at Scott's store
http://store.mrt-direct.com/80b000.html

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
i've got the MRT ones, had em for 2 years now, one of my favorite little mods, def worth doing!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Definitely go with the MRT units or the CDC units. Most of the other ones, like the Redlines, mount way up on the hood and you have to drill for them. The MRT and CDC pieces mount using existing holes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I put on Redlines about 4yrs ago, Yea you have to drill a few holes but no problem
At the time these were the only available. If I would do it again I guess I would choose the ones that you dont have to do a mod.

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
i have redlines but if i did it again...MRT'S.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Get them from MRT! I put them on 2180 first and loved them! It was the very first mod I did to 4175 (actually bought them before I bought the car) when I got her home, and the first mod on 038 also! Most people think I am crazy when I say it is the best mod I have ever done. But so far IT IS! Love em!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.