Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to give it a shot. The only hard part was locating a switched 12V source. There are no extra outlets on the factory fuse box,which is a little strange. I located the box in an area under the radio,in the console area,plenty of room and the wire reaches the tailshaft speed sensor. Got it all hooked up,set the 12 dip switches,and took it for a test. The ratio selection I picked proved to be dead on. At an indicated 70 MPH,the engine is running at 2300 RPM in 5th gear.I also double checked it with the highway mile markers.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You hooked up the what? what? Is this like tha Dallas Mustang speed thingy? Why did you pick this instead of the speed thingy or getting the chip burned?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the electronic speedo calibrator that Steeda sells. I decided to go with this and keep the chip for engine performance upgrades.I just prefer to keep the two on different levels of control.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-31 17:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Abbott ERA box to be installed. Found a site with install instructions on Corral.net which is quite complex. How did you find the correct vehicle speed sensor wire ? Any info would be appreciated ?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
lt1097

IE: i have 410 gears so you take stock gear(327) and divide it by new gear (410) and you have new setting. 3.27/4.10 = 0.7975 that was my setting. tell me yours and i,ll help yoo set it.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of the two wires coming from the speed sensor plug,one will be a ground wire,the other will show a resistance. I used a Volt/Ohm meter to check this out. Just follow the instructions that come with the unit. The wire with the resistance reading is the wire to cut and splice into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts