Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a place here for Bullitt Horror Stories. So here goes. I hope none of you will have to use it.

But let me start by saying that 2 weeks ago, some MF thought it was funny to throw a glass bottle over the center divider into opposing traffic on the highway. Well, guess who got the worst of it. I did the quick fix and used touch up paint to fill in the gashes the shards of glass sliced out of my paint.

Then, just tonight, and the real reason I started this thread, another MF thought it would be alright to hit my Bullit and run. I couldn't even open the door and had to get in on the passenger side (a place I had never been with my car). I needed to vent. Thought it would help...it didn't.

Maybe this'll be a good place for you to vent.

Peace,
TrueBullitBlue #2345

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Man I am not taking my Bullitt out of the garage for a while. After this post and LockNLoads I think people are out to get our Bullitts. Many that sucks I hope you can fix back to better than new.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My GOD TrueBullittBlue! Where do you live? I presume your insurance will cover this??!! That's some bad luck! Maybe the repaint from getting the door repaired will wind up fixing the bottle damage, too! :smile:

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
(I am moving this thread into Bullitt Tales so it doesn't get lost here in the main chat area.)

I almost got side-swiped by some butt-wipe last night (who thought I would just move out of his way). I did, but with a downshift, a screetch, and massive forward motion. :smile:

People are idiots. :wink:

Mike

·
Registered
586 Posts
If 2095 is ever knockin on heaven's door, that might be the right time to do a real show car finish. You know, like the concept Bullitts at Chicago and LA. These orangepeelstangs don't do the brand justice. Good luck to you who have met the grim reaper.

DHG #2095

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTCOUPE on 2001-08-25 09:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
172 Posts
So far at 400 miles I got my first rock chip in the drivers side of the windshield.At 800 miles my dogs got out of the kennel and scratched it.At 1000 miles I got my second rock chip in the passenger side of the windshield;now,at 1500 miles so far so good..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
TBB
Where the heck are you located? I thought it was bad out here in the wild wild west. I'm not trying to be a wise cracker here but did you put a bullseye on your Bullitt? Seriously, I hope you can get things fixed to your satisfaction and hope your luck changes for the better.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it seems I certainly do have a bullseye on my car, or at the very least, the left front fender does. I just dropped it off with the guys that do all my mods, they used to have a body shop and we've become friends.

In case any of you are interested, I'm adding a black grill to the back rear bumper to cover the unsightly faux vents. I think it should look good. It will hopefully lay flush with the rear bumper. Haven't seen anybody do this to their Bullit or standard Mustang (he-he). Think it'll give it a nice Ferrari type look.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
trueblue, sorry your baby got messed up. i hope you get top quality repair work done!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, all of you, for your concern. The repair job was great and only cost me $50. They even buffed away the other guy's paint that rubbed off on my beautiful blue.

:cry: My deepest regrets go out to Lok N Lod for his Black Bullitt #929's demise. We've lost one folks, and you should stop by his topic and give him your kind words...

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1564&forum=1&36

1 - 10 of 10 Posts