Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used hot glue to attach a new leather shift boot?
When you remove the old one, the metal bracket is useless, as you have to break off the plastic pieces that hold it on. Hot glue would make it a lot easier to do, I think...I wonder if high heat coming off the tranny would make it soft?

·
Registered
494 Posts
All I have done to mine is just lay the boot down and place the console piece over it. It has held find for over 2 years.

Chad

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Hot glue won't hold over time. Try a two part epoxy (available at most auto supply shops for around 8-10 bucks a tube) to fix it. You can use small dabs of hot glue to hold it in for a while, as the hot glue sets very quickly, and the epoxy will take almost an hour to set.

·
Registered
771 Posts
installermarc said:
Hot glue won't hold over time. Try a two part epoxy (available at most auto supply shops for around 8-10 bucks a tube) to fix it. You can use small dabs of hot glue to hold it in for a while, as the hot glue sets very quickly, and the epoxy will take almost an hour to set.
Ditto on the hot glue. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. My wife being frustrated that hers was "hanging all open" got another console piece with boot for $30 on eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.