Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid, but does anyone else's key feel hot when you remove it from the cylinder.I realize there is current in this area but the heat seems rather excessive.Not enough to burn you but was concerned.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My key, in 0906, doesn't seem terribly hot. Now the chromed plastic bracket around the shifter boot, however, is another matter. Sometimes, but not always, it gets nice and warm after a long drive here in this convection oven (aka Arizona).

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Well, that's a new one.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by bullitt5199:
This may sound stupid, but does anyone else's key feel hot when you remove it from the cylinder.I realize there is current in this area but the heat seems rather excessive.Not enough to burn you but was concerned.
i've had an experience or two where i put my key in the wrong cylinder, and things got pretty hot there in a hurry! but no heat build up on 0793. try some k y...errah key lube. that should help. is this making any sense at all???:eek: :eek: perhaps your dealer would be your best bet to get to the bottom of this. :shock: :shock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.