Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Texas can have it's challenges. Such as the conversion of your nice shiny shift knob into a first rate branding iron. So I found an addition to the interior.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I like it, I did something similar after having to shift with my shoe on a couple of hot afternoons. My solution was not nearly as elegant and tasteful however :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never tried shifting with a shoe, though I did keep a rag in the back floorboard until I found this guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
I could use one of those for for my 3 wood!!!! :lol:

_________________
65 vert
96 Cobra Laser Red
#1748 DHG :bullitt:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-09-09 15:44 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-09 15:28, Paul_in_Houston wrote:
I like it, I did something similar after having to shift with my shoe on a couple of hot afternoons. My solution was not nearly as elegant and tasteful however :smile:



</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In Wisconsin, we don't have this type of problem. The only problem I have is that Dec, Jan, and Feb will see a Bullitt in Hibernation. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
I can get wampum big hot here in California too...



I find that covering up the shift knob does two things: 1) it ruins the feel and 2) does not change the actual temperature of the knob at all. While I first thought the know temperature was from sun absorbtion, I have now come to the conclusion that it is really just the ambient temperature in the car. Fortunately it cools down after about 5-10 minutes with the A/C maxed out.



It is now just part of the "character" of the car. Something the Bullitt certainly excells at, having character.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,857 Posts
leave it to a texan to invent something useful for the heat...
should have been a longhorn though...
maybe a purple horned frog?
hmmmm is there a market out there folks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-10 13:44, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
Maybe one of you could hire the Sock Puppet from the now defunct Pets.com.

I'd bet he'd work cheap! :lol:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh don't get me started on that *%[email protected]$( Pets.com puppet! Man am I glad they went out of business. That puppet was one of the most annoying... however, the wrist watch was a nice touch :wink:

_________________
True Blue Bullitt #2964
'67 Mustang Ragtop

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickyBoy on 2001-09-10 19:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickyBoy on 2001-09-10 19:36 ]</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Texas, there's always a market for anything with a longhorn or horned frog on it. Didn't think of either of those for a shift cover.

Hmmmm...guess for the Aggies, we'd have to remove the shifter completely and put it in the ice chest with the beer. :grin: :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Maybe I'm dating myself--but "in the day" when using the ol' Hurst T-shift handle, we used an antique device called "Driving Gloves"--neat things actually. Just be sure to use both of them so you don't look like Michael Jackson. (Agent M in MIIB to all you youngsters)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
My wife bought a beer bottle cozy for the shifter. It still gets hot, but nothing like it was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-07-05 17:20, Bullitt 4508 wrote:
Maybe I'm dating myself--but "in the day" when using the ol' Hurst T-shift handle, we used an antique device called "Driving Gloves"--neat things actually. Just be sure to use both of them so you don't look like Michael Jackson. (Agent M in MIIB to all you youngsters)
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
HMMMMM I was just thinking the same thing ! driving glove's what a concept !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
I keep one of those female use 'condoms' on mine. It does nothing for the heat, but it sure is a great conversation piece!
Chicks dig Bullitts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
I moved out to Cali from Tucson AZ, and I learned my lesson in my old cars, I keep a pair of nice leather driving gloves in that little leather well just below the shifter. I just hope people don't think I am an idiot wearing black leather gloves when it's July and it's 95 degrees out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-10 12:55, Vrooom#3440 wrote:
I can get wampum big hot here in California too...



I find that covering up the shift knob does two things: 1) it ruins the feel and 2) does not change the actual temperature of the knob at all. While I first thought the know temperature was from sun absorbtion, I have now come to the conclusion that it is really just the ambient temperature in the car. Fortunately it cools down after about 5-10 minutes with the A/C maxed out.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I cover my shift knob when I'm parked. I remove it when I'm actually driving...it doesn't really get hot while you're driving because the A/C is on, etc. Just remove whatever you use for a cover when you hop in to go driving.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top