Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being in Texas I have now had the experience of feeling my metal knob shifter HOT and COLD. I would have to say the COLD is worse than the HOT. What do you guys think?

Personally I would never get rid of the shifter :grin: Its too cool. :cool:

Black Bullitt #1574
100MM Densecharger
anumis bullitt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anumis on 2001-11-30 13:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
HOT!!!

Cold, I can wear a glove, same as when its hot but the heat is too much.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Cold. But not a problem now for me either. I changed over to the Hurst stick and white shifter ball last night.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hot!

Everytime I left work this past summer, I'd feel like that Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Arc.

Not a problem now though as DHG 294 is put away for the winter.

Regards,
Dfresh

·
Registered
43 Posts
COLD IS GLOVE TIME. HOT IS GLOVE TIME.HEY THIS CAR IS SPORTY ENOUGH, DRIVING GLOVES FIT RIGHT IN. WAS STEVE MCQUEEN WEARING GLOVES IN THE MOVIE. RICK

·
Registered
693 Posts
I say hot is worst
Cold, well you can always wear gloves

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cold is the worst. I'm thinking about getting one of those golf club head covers to put on it and keep it warm when i'm not using it. :smile:

·
Registered
596 Posts
For me hot is worse. Seems like it warms quickly (when cold) when your running through the gears a lot. (gotta hate traffic) But I will never change the shifter it's part of the look I like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-11-30 18:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
715 Posts
The hot/cold issue came to mind yesterday when I drove my Bullitt for the first time in cold weather. I wasn't real wild about the cold knob but have to say I like the hot one a lot less. I keep a black sock in my car to cover the shifter on the rare occasion that it gets left in the sun.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'd have to agree with tomdmiles, hot is the worst...and yes, like him, I have the shift pattern branded in my hand. But seriously, I have a small scar on my palm from where it burned me. Now that it's colder, I would still have to agree that hot is worse. Us canadians have more of a 'cold' tolerance...we'll see what I say when my hand sticks to the knob and peels off my first few layers of skin like a tongue on a popsicle. :smile:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Another vote for hot, here. I'll most likely be wearing gloves when it's too cold out. Then again, it hasn't yet been all that cold here, so we'll see if I change my mind some time in the next month or two.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts