Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my Bullit a month ago. I've been very interested in Soloing for a couple years now - after getting to "ride" with a friend of mine in a modified Chevy. However, as a COMPLETE novice to any "real" competition driving (and really NOT very good at anything requiring coordination!) I'm concerned about the possibility of my car looking like that GT that rolled awhile back! .... I know this sounds kinda wimpy! --- but --- at my age I don't heal very fast anymore! Just how badly do I have to screw up to roll my car??

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You'd have to mess up really badly or mess up in a really bad spot.

I've been autoxing and participating in on-track driving events for a while. The worst bangups I have seen were caused by (1) poor course layout and (2) the driver's were numbnuts.

Unless you are a numbnut- go enjoy.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Tom:

Solo II has a max speed allowed and most course designers will design a ways below that. Unless you really drive recklessly, it's not likely you will do much more than kill a few cones.

Autocross is a great venue to develop your driving skills in, and with remote possibility of damaging anything. You can learn your car's and your limits.

Give it a try. You will enjoy it!

Brian

·
Registered
360 Posts
I want to start solo IIing (is that a word?) next season. I was going to go to the last event of the season in Milwaukee last month but a family emergency came up. I've never raced either but it looks like such fun and relatively safe.

DHG#2832
MGWLTD bits & pieces
100mm densecharger to be installed
Steeda Tri-Ax shifter to be installed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittgirl on 2001-11-15 11:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is a note for those who run a Densecharger. SCCA rules used to say if you don't use the stock airbox, you should be bumped up to F Street Prepared, Not F Stock.
Same rules apply for different size tires, chip, etc.

You can enter F Stock, but you'll be cheating. And seeing as how they let the Bullitt compete in the same class with regular GT's, it's REALLY not fair.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't cheat. However I will compete in the novice class since I am a novice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts