Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep noticing our grill popping up more and more these days on other mustangs. For example, the Saleen Darkhorse, Mustang Avi8tor, the new Cobra Jet and many others are all sporting our grill. Makes me proud to know our car is the foundation for many others out there.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Like most everything, personal preference. I love the trim ring, but personally I am not crazy about the honeycomb. Not just on the Bullitt mind you, but on any of the S197's.....Just not a honeycomb fan.......

but yeah, lots of other models taking ques from the Bullitt....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Perhaps others are noticing that the most elegant is usually the least adorned. Before I knew the Bullitt existed I was looking at the 2005+ Mustangs quite often and thinking, man, the GT would look a lot nicer if Ford left off the Grill silver and fog lights. It's just too cluttered.

I looked at a 2009 Bullitt at my local Ford dealership (it quickly sold) which was parked in front next to a V6 Convertible with the "Pony" option with glitz and huge medallions glommed on the front fenders. It struck me as similar to what you'd have if the "Fonz" was standing next to a "Valley Girl".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pat H. said:
Before I knew the Bullitt existed I was looking at the 2005+ Mustangs quite often and thinking, man, the GT would look a lot nicer if Ford left off the Grill silver and fog lights. It's just too cluttered.
That's how I feel about the 2010 Mustang. The grill looks too squished and overpopulated. The fog lights look really out of place now. I had an 07 Mustang GT and I liked the fog lights.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
adamlazlo said:
That's how I feel about the 2010 Mustang. The grill looks too squished and overpopulated. The fog lights look really out of place now. I had an 07 Mustang GT and I liked the fog lights.

I had an '07 GT also and I didn't care for the fog lights. Whenever I used them people would flash me constantly because they thought I had my brights on. I still get flashed occasionally since the HID lights are so bright even on low beam.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i agree with you mike, the honeycomb was a pain to keep clean. i installed the roush grille in it's place. to me, the roush grille looks better and it is much easier to clean. i do catch myself looking at her sometimes thinking that a factory like trim ring would look good on the gaping black hole that is the roush grille. other than removing the trim ring from the factory grille, does anyone have any creative ideas regarding the installation of a trim ring on the roush grille? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
i agree with you mike, the honeycomb was a pain to keep clean. i installed the roush grille in it's place. to me, the roush grille looks better and it is much easier to clean. i do catch myself looking at her sometimes thinking that a factory like trim ring would look good on the gaping black hole that is the roush grille. other than removing the trim ring from the factory grille, does anyone have any creative ideas regarding the installation of a trim ring on the roush grille? thanks in advance.
Since the Roush grille kind of 'floats' in the opening without the plastic surround you might try applying chrome trim strip to the bumper fascia surrounding the grille, even with the grille ends. Try it temporarily with tape before you commit using the backing tape of the chrome trim.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Someone on IMBOC has a horizontal billet type of grill, in black, is that the Roush grill?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Chemicalman said:
I really love the look or our grill...of course I went and put a pony on it anyway...Now I know which one is mine at the meets..

Your photo reminds me of how silly it is for a $30,000.00 car to have a mechanical hood prop instead of proper gas strut units forcing us to provide them at $100.00 per kit.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I was recently cruising around the valley. Parked briefly to talk to some farmer friends. Some of their bee hives were nearby (delicious alfalfa/clover honey). I noticed the bees were very interested in the grill of the Bullitt! Uh oh...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Pat H. said:
Your photo reminds me of how silly it is for a $30,000.00 car to have a mechanical hood prop instead of proper gas strut units forcing us to provide them at $100.00 per kit.
Yup, even my 89 Taurus SHO has hood struts from the factory... =\

·
Registered
212 Posts
How useful are gas strut units when it comes to the problem of the lifting hood at higher speeds? Is it better with them or even worse? When driving with more than 100 MpH, the hood begins to lift (a well-known thing...)

Oh, by the way: Could be heretical, but anyone got a pics of a 08 Bullitt with a silver Pony in the grill? Not the tri-bar pony but the standard one , like in the V6 - always wondered how that would look.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I agree that the honeycombs only look right in a box of Post cereal. But I am patiently waiting until an aftermarket company comes up with a more retro look grill that will fit the 05 -09 grill opening - with the satin aluminum-look trim strip included, of course.:badgrin:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
I agree that the honeycombs only look right in a box of Post cereal. But I am patiently waiting until an aftermarket company comes up with a more retro look grill that will fit the 05 -09 grill opening - with the satin aluminum-look trim strip included, of course.:badgrin:
Agreed!! But I got tired of waiting, and made my own!!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Agreed!! But I got tired of waiting, and made my own!!

This is the COOLEST looking Bullitt grill I've seen so far!

Ford, take note...!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.