Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I clean the plastic cover area for the gauges? On my other Mustangs I always seemed to scratch the plastic, so now I haven't cleaned mine since I bought the car. Any advise?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I just picked up a product called "PLEXUS" It's the best clear or color plastic cleaner on the market. It comes in a spray can. On and wipe off with soft cloth. No abrasives, and it actually protects the plastic and repels lint. The government will use only this on the stealth bomber canopy. Thats $300,000 item. Only $8.00 a can. I tried it and wow, what a clean shine. Go to their website. plexus.com. You can use it to clean and protect all the outside plastic too. Great product. Hey our Bullitts desreve this kind of pampering. I put the right link on the post below

FourSix Power DHG #5290

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt XTC on 2001-10-07 05:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt XTC on 2001-10-07 05:38 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Thanks XTC! We have a bran new instrument cluster cover for #344 as the factory one came all scratched up. We are afraid of dusting this one. I think we may just try that stuff!

Vicki &
BullittBill

·
Registered
721 Posts
You are welcome. I already have a can and did my inside, even the radio, and my headlights and tailights. What a difference, it really shines. Make sure you use a soft towel. Spray it, wipe it on, turn the cloth over and buff a little. You'll love it! By the way... no lint at all yet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I would definitely like to give this stuff a try, is it only available online, or do the auto parts stores carry it? I don't see that info on their website.

:bullitt:

·
Registered
721 Posts
moljay, just click on the link above, and it will take you right there. You can order it right on the same page. I could not find it at my local auto store. Great stuff by the way.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks XTC, I will certainly order some. I knew I needed some other detail supplies, so I just wondered if it was in the stores too. Anything to keep my baby shiny! :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yea Bob Reid of Stongard gave me a complimentary can of the plexus for my Stongard I had put on. And if you havent had the gard put on let me tell u it was worth every cent! They covered my hood about a foot up, also the lip of my scoop the front bumber, both door edges, The headlights and the edges of the side scoops for a little under 600.00 plus the guys that did my car also washed and waxed the entire car for free. A very professional job! Thanx Havgun! #1676!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
In case you'd like another option...I use a product called "Novus". It comes in three different containers for three different purposes. One bottle is a compound for removing heavy scratches. The second bottle is a liquid for removing light scratches, and the third is a spray bottle for plexiglass cleaning.
I use the spray bottle for my new Bullitt. Works great.
I have used all three bottles on my wife's Xterra guage plastic since she had scratch/glazed it by cleaning it with Armor-All. Looks new again.
This Novus system is also super for polishing acrylic crystals on old watches (another passion of mine). :-B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts