Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One doesn't work. I wonder if it wasn't programmed.

I'd like to warm up 2095 while locked in the driveway and then hit my second fob from the house to open her up before I get in.

Now, I'm wondering if a third would be handy. Does the dealer have to program them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Keyless entry doesn't work while the engine is running.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HaHa, I should have known! I thought I checked both fobs when I took delivery.

Guess I'll have to get more creative for my secure unattended morning warm-up. I really don't like fuming up the garage.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just keep a spare key just for the door in your wallet. It won't start the car (without the chip), but at least you'll never get locked out. :smile:

·
Registered
173 Posts
My key fob was unprogrammed too. The car was dealer-transferred, and I drove the car. I went in and "bought" the car. When I came back out, the car wouldnt start. Only 1 was programmed. Took about an hour to get it straightened out.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the, "Tie this guy to the bumper idea!" Man, he is cute, isn't he? Just want to cuddle right up with him!

Anyway, I like the unprogrammed extra key solution. If I don't want to carry it, I'll just throw it in the CD console till I need it, since it won't actually start the car.

My security issue isn't that someone will steal my Bullitt, although it's remotely possible. I'm in the country. I think it's more likely that my kid or someone else's will hop in and mess it into gear and get wacked up. I'd rather not take the risk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts