Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#2832 was branded by the dealer right above the Bullitt logo in back. Any way to remove it and not damage the paint job?

·
Registered
144 Posts
What did they use to apply it? Is it a decal or is it painted on or etched into the paint?

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
In most cases it will peel off if your careful.. then get a nice cotton towel and a can of WD-40. WD-40 takes off adhesives, bugs, and all kinds of stuff like nobodies business. It will also strip your wax so you'll have to be sure to wash that spot with soap/water and rewax the area.
To find out for certain what/how it's applied just call your dealership and ask them. They should tell you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it is a decal you can use a blow dryer.This will greatly reduce the risk of damage to the paint as most,if not all of the adhesive will come off with it!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
When I ordered mine, I told them no front plat holder and no dealer insignia. Well, the Bullitt I got is not the one I ordered. The one I got was the first one the dealership got and was turned down by the guy who placed a deposit on the dealer order for a Cobra instead. The dealer had already put their insignia on above the Bullitt badge. I just took it back and asked them to remove it so if there was any paint damage they would be responsible.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The dealer sticker on mine was about 30 seconds old and I said no way please remove!
Cant live with a pink dealer sticker ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! Thanx Havgun #1676

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, guys, it was much easier to remove than I anticipated. It was a decal and I just tried to peel it off with my fingernail and off it came. No trace of it ever having been there.
Thanx for all of your suggestions though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try Dental Floss by wedging it into an area of the decal to lift it away...should peel off nicely.mine didn't have any trouble coming off.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Mine never got put on. I still have it in perfect condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts