Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They did a crappy job on the E coat, and there are about four places where there is some overspray on the paint. I'd hate to have to take it back to the dealer to get it off. What product would be good to use, that wouldn't ruin the clearcoat or paint? Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Bullet, do you mean maybe the clearcoat instead? E coat is what the unibody is dipped in after welding. Anyway i've got a few spots on the hood that appear to be improperly sprayed. I've been working on rubbing them out with Ultra Finish and their getting better. Let me know anything you find.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bullittman, my salesman said that when they PDI'd my car, they sprayed something underneath, and they got some of this material on the paint in a few spots. It's black and sticky. I'll call the number that Ray put up and see what they say. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to polish my whole car, even the windshield because of what I determined to be overspray. I used a hi-temp ultra fine polish with a Cyclo orbital polisher and now the paint looks great. Quality control at the paint shop really slipped when my car came through.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took my car to two auto body shops to get opinions on the spots where there is an overspray. They both tried to get it off, and both shops concluded that whatever the material is, it's under the clearcoat and that it can only be fixed by repainting the trunk and left rear quarter panel. My delima is that the two overspray spots are very small and not all that noticable. I'm thinking of just letting it go rather than have my car tied up with a re-paint of these two sections and who knows, I may get it back with a whole new and far worse problem. I've had it happen before with other cars. It's the only problem that I've had. Everything else is perfect.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-30 21:48, Bullet wrote:
I took my car to two auto body shops to get opinions on the spots where there is an overspray. They both tried to get it off, and both shops concluded that whatever the material is, it's under the clearcoat and that it can only be fixed by repainting the trunk and left rear quarter panel. My delima is that the two overspray spots are very small and not all that noticable. I'm thinking of just letting it go rather than have my car tied up with a re-paint of these two sections and who knows, I may get it back with a whole new and far worse problem. I've had it happen before with other cars. It's the only problem that I've had. Everything else is perfect.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I would just leave it alone! If it's a factory default and under the clear coat and it's not that noticable, so what! I know you would like to have the car perfect.So if that's the only problem you have your doing OK!
Look at it this way, Let's said you were tring to sell ME the car and i noticed the trunk and quarter was painted i would think the car was in an accident.
On the other hand if i saw the spots on the car and it's ovious the spots were under the clear coat and it was on the car since new i would not give the spots a second thought!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts