Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I are going to Florida in a couple of weeks, and I was just wondering how everyone else's '19 Bullitt's did on road trips? This is my first Bullitt, so I don't know what to expect as far as the ride etc.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
My son and I are going to Florida in a couple of weeks, and I was just wondering how everyone else's '19 Bullitt's did on road trips? This is my first Bullitt, so I don't know what to expect as far as the ride etc.....
Krista - not sure what seats your Bullitt has but I was worried about my Recaro seats in mine for a long father/son trip I took with my son from Ontario, Canada to southern Kentucky and it ended up being a very pleasant and comfortable drive. Both of us thought the Recaro’s were even more comfortable than the fully adjustable, heated and cooled power seats in my F150 Lariat.

I also found the leather on the Recaros to stay nice and cool on the back with just the AC going in the car in the very warm climate.

Enjoy your trip. This car is a pleasure to put miles on. I hope you are able to hit some nice winding back roads on the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Krista - not sure what seats your Bullitt has but I was worried about my Recaro seats in mine for a long father/son trip I took with my son from Ontario, Canada to southern Kentucky and it ended up being a very pleasant and comfortable drive. Both of us thought the Recaro’s were even more comfortable than the fully adjustable, heated and cooled power seats in my F150 Lariat.

I also found the leather on the Recaros to stay nice and cool on the back with just the AC going in the car in the very warm climate.

Enjoy your trip. This car is a pleasure to put miles on. I hope you are able to hit some nice winding back roads on the drive.

I don't have the Recaro seats. Just the heated and ventilated ones. I live in Alabama and it's about 8 hours to Panama City from my house. I am really excited to put her on the road for our trip! It will be the first time we have gone to Florida without my husband. He passed away March 20th. I'm looking forward to making new memories with my son and the Bullitt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss :(

The memories will be something you’ll both cherish forever especially given the circumstances. I lost my Dad at a young age, 14, so I can imagine how much he needs this trip with you. Enjoy the this time together. My Mom did not handle my father’s death well and we grew further apart. A fact I regret more than ever now after losing her too last year.

Funny thing being from Canada, my childhood best friend lives in Muscle Shoals, Alabama and vacations in Destin, Florida. Where my favourite vacation is to go to his place in Alabama and I wonder why he ever bothers leaving there for Florida!

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are 35 mins from Muscle Shoals! I live in Red Bay. We are south of Muscle Shoals. My son goes to college at Northwest Shoals Community College. He is getting his Associates in Automotive Engineering. He has a 13 GT, and it burns him up my mustang is faster than his!😊 But he was all for taking it to Florida!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My 2020 BULLITT rides pretty well! The seats (Standard) are very comfortable. As long as you stay off secondary roads with pot holes and road separations, you will enjoy the ride. It all depends on what you are used to driving.........
The BULLITT rides better than a heavy duty pickup but not as good as a full size sedan. LOL!
Enjoy your trip!
ARMY TC
L3166

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My 2020 BULLITT rides pretty well! The seats (Standard) are very comfortable. As long as you stay off secondary roads with pot holes and road separations, you will enjoy the ride. It all depends on what you are used to driving.........
The BULLITT rides better than a heavy duty pickup but not as good as a full size sedan. LOL!
Enjoy your trip!
ARMY TC
L3166
I am driving a 21 Ford Explorer ST right now. It's a great SUV, but the ride is a little rough at times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Bullitt is a great cruiser. Try the various mode settings and see what you like. Set My Mode if you want your own combination. Normal is great for interstate runs; sport is great for the twisties. Mind the front splitter though... it's a lot lower than the Explorer was!

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Bullitt is a great cruiser. Try the various mode settings and see what you like. Set My Mode if you want your own combination. Normal is great for interstate runs; sport is great for the twisties. Mind the front splitter though... it's a lot lower than the Explorer was!
Yes, the front splitter is hard to get used to after driving my Explorer. I find myself parking 10 feet away from a curb because I'm afraid of hitting the curb.🤣 or if I'm at the gas station and they are not busy ( no one waiting on pumps) I'll just park at the pump to avoid all of it. I live in a VERY small town where I am the only Bullitt owner in my town. Making people want to get right up on my back bumper to see what kind of car it is, or even better want to pull out right in front of me and want to race, But their top speed is about 35 MPH!🤬

·
Premium Member
8,772 Posts
Hi Krista, sorry to hear of your loss. Regarding the ride of the '19/'20 Bullitts, it is outstanding and makes for a very pleasurable drive on all surfaces due to the IRS. After a few hours of seat time, you just may decide to drive it all the way down to Key West. ;):)

·
Registered
2019 Bullitt Mustang
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Krista, sorry to hear of your loss. Regarding the ride of the '19/'20 Bullitts, it is outstanding and makes for a very pleasurable drive on all surfaces due to the IRS. After a few hours of seat time, you just may decide to drive it all the way down to Key West. ;):)
Thank you! I have been very pleased so far with the comfort in it. I've driven it about 60 miles away, and then back home. I was very comfortable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts