Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i wasn't planning to take the Bullitt this fast, BUT i got the car up to 130 MPH!!! I was on my way to work (in the fast lane at a stop light)and this guy in a 89 mustang (in the slow lane) roared his engine at me. I was insulted by the challenge, so i decided to take him. (Light turns green and we take off) I have to admit, he was giving me a little trouble in 1st and 2d gear, but when it was 3rd gear time... lol was GOOD BYE 89!!! LOL. So, my question is how fast have you taken your bullitt up too?

--War_Hawk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to work one morning and I saw this Toyota Supra Turbo. I really didn't pay too much attention to it. I get on to Rt. 295 and see him coming up behind me but not too fast. He gets next to me. Of course, I'm going to challenge his car even though I know I have no chance. Well we are flying down the road. I look down down I just about topped the speedometer out. Well it said I was doing 145mph. I kept on going for like 2 miles or so. I looked in the rear view and there he was gaining on me and passed me like I was sitting still.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mustang46sohc on 2001-09-24 19:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think a good poll would be to see how many people HAVEN'T gotten over 100mph. Personally, i've seen 110, which is tough enough with the conjested highways around here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
120 odd every morning on the 405 fwy .....not a good habit....a little squirrly.....much more fun buzzing through the gears listening to the 2 chamber flowmasters....grrrrrrrunt..

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
130 while chasing a buncha stangs and TAs two weekends on I-10 heading toward Seally. WHat a rush!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
120 mph on I 480 in cleveland at 3:00 am slowed down some and a volkswagon came flying past me. i thought originally it was johnny law. you know they arrest you for going that fast they have no sense of humor or are they just jealous because you can out run them. anybody know what the crown vic with police intercept inards tops out at?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr.pj on 2001-09-25 19:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
The fastest I've gone is 70 MPH. That is the maximum posted speed limit in California! :wink: :wink:

Eric

In deference to ChiliBullitt et al. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Ford Police Interceptor will top out at 129 MPH. Even though the speedo reads 140.

But thers rumers that Ford is thinking about putting a 5.4L and HP rating at 329. That would be in '02 or' 03.

·
Registered
16 Posts
had dhg#5149 up to about 145 almost burried the speedo in 96 in michigan,, its scary tha6t even at that speed the car still seemed to have some pedal left!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had an opportunity to take mine up to 148 mph before running out of safe roadway (traffic) which caused me to break it down, I didn't feel that there was much more left.Children don't try this at home! My bullitt was stable during this adventure, My wife on the other hand was not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had mine barried Maxed it out. the joy of being an MP is knowing where the MPs hid so I ran her up past the 150 marke I am guessing at about 157 or so. it wouldnt go any faster

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey GTBullitt, if you ever do that run again use the digital speedometer trick so you can know just how fast you went. I've only gone 130. Done it 3 times on a stretch of country road called "The Speedway". I always chicken out after that. Been over 100 plenty more times tho.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my latest run back from Vegas a couple of weeks ago, I was playing tag with a V8 Lexus, an LS I think. Anyway, we were just kind of screwing around on I-15 until the traffic broke. I then shifted from 5th to fourth going about 90 and let it fly. I had previously been up to about 135, but this time climbed over 145. The Lexus got left way behind, my girlfriend sat next to me, riveted to her seat, and I tried not to have a heart attack. Anyway, not a very smart road to do this on cause of the traffic volume and CHP, but the car handled it without incident. I would say there was still some juice left @145, but a backhand slap across my face from the passenger seat would have precluded me from finding out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Digital speedo Trick, Tell me more?, I figured I would get one of ,my police buddies to clock me. HAd one of them give me an esscort to denny's at 3:00 am at about 135
ohhh yeah

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had DHG #294 up to 125mph on Rt 128 in Mass as I had to show an Audi S4 who was in charge. FYI: needed every bit of that 125 to pull away from him. Fast car!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just over 140 in fourth. When it was 5th gear time and realized how fast I was going, I slowed down. When I pulled in the garage that night and watched the door come down I said a little prayer. Then I thought "WOW, what a car".
BB #797

1 - 20 of 30 Posts