Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idaho teen busted after going 153 mph on I-84
04:09 PM MST on Thursday, March 8, 2007

The 17-year-old driver of this stolen Ford Mustang was taken into custody after leading police on a high speed pursuit in eastern Oregon.

An Idaho teenager was arrested this morning after attempting to flee Oregon State Police in a stolen Ford Mustang at speeds of up to 153 miles per hour on Interstate 84 in eastern Oregon.

Police say the high-speed pursuit ended when officers successfully spiked one of the fleeing car's tires.

It started at 7:30 a.m. when the 17-year-old juvenile male suspect from Star, Idaho, was driving a stolen 2006 Ford Mustang GT and attempted to use a stolen credit card to purchase gas at an Arlington-area gas station.

The suspect left eastbound from the gas station on Interstate 84. After the attempt to use the stolen credit card was reported, police waited for him about 18 miles east of Arlington.

The Ford Mustang sped by police with a radar reading of 153 mph. Even after hitting a spike strip the car continued eastbound at speeds over 130 mph.

The Ford Mustang continued another five miles until the right front tire blew out. The driver then pulled over, stopped and got out of the car where he laid on the ground until he was taken into custody without further incident.

The 17-year-old driver faces a host of criminal charges including: unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, two counts of felony attempt to elude in a vehicle, two counts of reckless driving, two counts of exceeding the posted speed limit and failure to have an operators license.

The car was reportedly stolen in Boise when the suspect allegedly found an unlocked garage and took it.

Additional charges may be pending in Gilliam and other counties as the investigation continues.

The suspect’s name is being withheld at this time unless he is charged as an adult.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
barry bullitt said:
He was just practicing for his drivers license road test and got carried away. It could happen to anyone.
:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
231 Posts
damn spike strips!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
Idiot! Pretty fast for a brick though. Can't believe he was still going 130mph with a f-ed up tire.
"Stupid is, Stupid does"

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
kfengler said:
17 year old, ...no concept of reality! Sure hope he lives to learn that to get OLD there's some things you Don't do!
Yep--thats for sure

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
Wonder how he got the car started. Don't those Mustangs have special programed keys? Maybe the keys were left in the car inside the garage? :confused: I thought newer Mustangs couldn't be hotwired....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Getting out and laying on the ground was the smartest thing he did that day.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,068 Posts
texasbullitt said:
wonder how fast the new shelby gt ( not 500 ) would go then.....
I think maybe I need to find out eh?
Ummmm.. ya Mark, let us know when you find out OK? :wink:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
Wonder how he got the car started. Don't those Mustangs have special programed keys? Maybe the keys were left in the car inside the garage? :confused: I thought newer Mustangs couldn't be hotwired....
Yes Mustangs come with Securilock, Ford's anti theft coded key. There's also a 2nd optional anti-theft option that the alarm goes off if the doors, trunk, or hood are opened, the car is tilted, and motion detector. He probably got a key some how and it was misreported.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Best thing is he didn't hurt anyone. It could have ended much worse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts