Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had been researching on the net about buying a Mustang GT, came across a couple of articles on the Bullitt. Called a few dealers in my area about the Bullitt and they laughed at me. Thought I would settle for a GT with auto in Mineral Gray and every option I could fit on it. Being a buyers market I was going to take a day off and go search out the best deal. Wednesday my 95 T-Bird was running rough so I dropped it by the local dealer on Thursday night. Stopped by the showroom floor and saw two Bullitts just setting there. Friday afternoon, 20 hours later I drove one home. My wife still wonders why it took me so long to make up my mind. Kind of glad I did not order one, I am not sure I could have stood the wait.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-08 02:45, Mid Life Crisis #388 wrote:
Had been researching on the net about buying a Mustang GT, came across a couple of articles on the Bullitt. Called a few dealers in my area about the Bullitt and they laughed at me. Thought I would settle for a GT with auto in Mineral Gray and every option I could fit on it. Being a buyers market I was going to take a day off and go search out the best deal. Wednesday my 95 T-Bird was running rough so I dropped it by the local dealer on Thursday night. Stopped by the showroom floor and saw two Bullitts just setting there. Friday afternoon, 20 hours later I drove one home. My wife still wonders why it took me so long to make up my mind. Kind of glad I did not order one, I am not sure I could have stood the wait.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Congrats! I think your going to love it (I know I do! :smile:

Most of us have been driven insane due to the wait before the cars started showing up. For example:

:-B

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Glad you had a less painfull wait.

The wait was not fun but getting to order it, going to pick it up when it arrived and driving it home that day was worth it.

Brian

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
I waited 14 LONG weeks for my Bullitt! There were a couple of factory delays on the first Job (are they still on Job1 or on Job 2 by now)? But once they got the ball rolling, they were on the convoys and rail carriers to their permanent stalls!

Vicki #344

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah Mike, You got that right! :lol: Actually now that the wait is over I realize that its the most "fun" I've ever had buying a car!

#1748 DHG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittman on 2001-06-08 19:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
i was geting a mustang Gt , i really liked the gt, the bullit looked plain to me, it didnt have a wing or ne thing, i was at the dealership and there was a true blue one, they wouldnt give off, then i went to another dealership, they had a black one, but i really wanted the true blue gt instead, i went home and thought about it 4 a couple of days andi decided to go for the black bullit, it was the end of the month and it was just sitting there, i got it for $22,500, a week later i found out it was a by order car, who would of known, well ne way i'm very happy and got the sweetest ride in my high school parking lot

·
Registered
310 Posts
Is that Bullitt number 6924??? if it is so much for a 5000 or 6500 count cutoff! It makes me wonder just how exclusive these vehicles will actually be! Thanx Havgun

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Let's see, I ordered mine in early February, firmed up the order first part of March. DHG #428 was built April 20, and I took delivery 4 May. My guess, 12 weeks all total?? If you count from when I firmed it up (dealer set a higher priority for build), 8 weeks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ordered mine 2/6, picke it up 5/21. Worth every day of the wait.

·
Registered
568 Posts
We ordered ours on Feb 17 & it was delivered on May 31. Not too stressful, but it was a little trying getting info from the dealer 'cause he never knew anything either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I first fell in love with the Bullitt when I saw the prototype about 2 years ago at a car show in Memphis. I remember saying to myself that I would definitely buy one if it went into production. Around 11/00, I saw a preview article in Motortrend stating that the Bullitt may make production. In 1/01, I saw articles in MustangWeekly and Motortrend stating that dealers were taking orders. I rushed over to my dealership to place it. The sales staff thought I was on drugs because they have never heard of the car. They were sure I was referring to a SVT product that they did not sell. I left fuming and planned to drive to the next closest dealership (20 miles) the following day. The next day, the owner called me apologizing and asking me if I would consider buying a Saleen. He just signed a deal with Saleen becoming the only dealership in Louisiana selling them. I passed on the Saleen (not worth the extra cash) and he ordered my car on January 25th. One week later, he called me back saying that he had a Black Saleen S281 being unloaded as we speak. Curiosity got to me and I went to check it out. I almost bought it several times over the next few months while waiting for my Bullitt. I thought it was too flashy. Also, $1000 for a set of tires and only 10 more HP (before the bad news from Art) really wasn't worth it.
My Black Bullitt #100 finally arrived on May 3rd.
It has been a long wait, but well worth it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This was one of those "gota have it" moments from the first small article about it in AutoWeek last October. I bugged my sales rep about it, he never heard about it. Until that one day this past January when he got the Bullitt sales slick (in my posession & not for sale) and called me.

I ordered the car on January 26. Got order placement confirmation (VIN #) late March and delivery to the dealership on April 26 with my delivery on 5/4(longest 7 days ever). Turns out my vehicle was part of Job 1 (first 300 Bullitt's built). The rest is history.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
My Bullitt #344 was also Job 1. My dealer told me at the time of order that it would be numbered between 1 and 1000. So I think that Job 1 was more than the first 300......
:???:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-06-23 23:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting, There is an article in Mustang Weekly on line that covered the release at Alanta Raceway in April. At that weekend event, Ford signed the release of the first 300 Job 1's; delivered I would guess the first production Bullitt and showed the concept Mach 1 mule. There was also talk about a Terminator concept (Roush Stage III variant).

Check it out there are pictures.

#289 DHG
---------------
previous 'stangs
65 2+2 72 HT
66 HT 83 GT
69 HT 94 GT conv
70 Mach 1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 289 on 2001-06-24 11:50 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Boy, Bullittbaby! You have watited a LONG time too! Almost as long as some of us lower numbered Bullittheads waited. You will have her in no time at all. It will be well worth your wait, believe me!

Vicki #344

·
Registered
151 Posts
I found out about the Bullitt about a month ago. I was in the process of getting my 65 convertible painted and a few odds and ends together on it. I had a 99 V-6 and was happy with it until I read more about it. I then decided that in 10 years I would have a V-6 that I could not give away or I could find a bullitt and have a treasure!! I found mine in Savannah Ga on a Sunday and Monday I had a friend who's dad owns a dealership get it traded to his. It cost him $1000 above dealer cost and the promise of his next Escape. I signed the papers, car unseen. It even had the low number of 81 on it. I guess fate smiled on me. :smile:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Found out about the Bullitt in May when I took my F-150 in for scheduled maint. Fleet Mgr. had a black Bullitt in the showroom. I liked what I saw but didn't have a place to park one. I thought what do I need a car for. Have the truck and my bike. Well where I live I had been on a waiting list for another garage. Well guess what? Got a call asking if I wanted the extra garage. Hell Yes!!! Called the Flt. Mgr and asked if it was still possible to get a Bullitt, this was June 18th. I wanted a True Blue. He looked and tried to order one but to no avail. Called me two days later said he found a DHG one. I thought about it (millesecond) and said Hell Yes! Tuesday morning June 26th drove out a VERY VERY Happy new Bullitt owner. Didn't tell a sole about it. Should have seen the eye popping, mouth dropping looks from my fellow workers when I pulled into the parking lot. Everyday since I get asked "Hey Doc can I go for a ride?":lol: Ain't life grand?:D

Dark Highland Green #2136

"You're born at point A, You'll die at point B... KICK MAXIMUM ASS!!!"

1 - 20 of 84 Posts