Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Have you ever thought about how many 2001 Bullitt's are still on the road today? I think about this every time someone asks me about my Bullitt. My standard reply is they made a little over 3,000 DHG Bullitt's, and that maybe only half of those are still in "good to very good" shape on the road today.

Anyone have any real stats? I'd really be curious how far off I am.

Cheers,

Dave

PS - I know in the Salt Lake City area I've only seen one 2001 Bullitt over the past several years (black).

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Premium Member
12,770 Posts
mine is in the garage, unregistered, and not on the road....so....there is at least one anyway not on any official state roster.....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
12,978 Posts
Ford produced 5,582 Bullitts in 2001`.

Color Breakdown:

TB = 723
Black = 1818
DHG = 3041

Many of the 01 Bullitts have been taken off the road because of traffic accidents, fires, floods.

Member Wonbullitt0647may have a more accurate guess at how many are left on the road today by accessing his data base.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I have #5245, Black. Less than 7800 miles on it. I'm the original owner. Drove it off the lot in Pittsburgh, PA in November of 2001 with only 22 miles on it to it's home in Wheeling, WV. It's sit in the garage and only comes out on nice days. It still has the new car smell in it.
For some reason this always amazes me. I would have such a hard time not wanting to drive it more often, especially with "The more I drive it, the more I like it" statement and high fun factor. Heck just the exhaust sound itself is intoxicating (no not breathing it) just hearing it and having others chime in about it.

You're preserving a cool piece of history and more power to you and those that choose to do so, I don't have that kind of willpower.

After all like my sons have said to me...dad, if you don't enjoy it (and that means driving it) then who are you saving it for?

I'll drive mine :smile2: but just like you on nice days only!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Salt Lake City, so most of my drives would be in the spring and summer, and only on nice to semi-nice days (no snow of course). I've only had my Bullitt for two years now, bought it with 86,000 miles on it, and it now has about 88,000. I have this silly anxiety about hitting 90,000 miles so I've backed off some.

Oh, funny story.....the best way/time to buy a used muscle car in SLC is in the Fall/early Winter, from a dealer. They were asking $8800 for it. I did a test drive, of course fell in love with it, but told the sales guy "eh, it's just a mustang and I really don't need it. Plus with snow season coming and being a rear wheel drive, nobody will buy this car until spring." Of course I said all of this knowing that I freak'n love Mustangs, and everything Steve McQueen, but totally down played it. So, after letting the dealer beg me for a week to buy it, I offered $5000. After a few insults and curse words, they took my offer based on exactly what I said about the snow and it sitting on their lot for several winter months. Ha, suckers!

I've bought and flipped 3 other mustangs over the past 10 years, always doubling my money, but my Bullitt is a keeper!

Happy Trails!

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I live in Salt Lake City, so most of my drives would be in the spring and summer, and only on nice to semi-nice days (no snow of course). I've only had my Bullitt for two years now, bought it with 86,000 miles on it, and it now has about 88,000. I have this silly anxiety about hitting 90,000 miles so I've backed off some.
I know what you mean, bought mine with just over 70K a couple of years ago and have about 73,000 now. I have a little of the same anxiety about reaching 75k. I'll put some extra miles on for the FOSM show next month and who knows what after that.

Grats on the great negotiating for a killer deal at $5,000!

·
Registered
4 Posts
subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I bought True Blue 02058 in 2011. It had 101,000 miles on the clock at the time, and I paid $10,900 for it. It was originally sold new at Al Packer Ford in Florida. 2 years ago I burnt a Piston at 125,000 miles and replaced the engine with a Period Correct Donor with only 40,000 miles, transferring all of the BULLITT Specific Hardware from the Original to Donor Engine. Car has 128,000 moles now and has only ever been summer driven since it moved to Canada before I got it. I average around 4,000 miles per summer now and store it from end of October till end of April. I will never sell it and my youngest Son will get it when I'm done with it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I would have loved that option, but up here that would have set me back another $10,000, basically what I paid for the car in 2011. But I can imagine how much fun you have in 3862 with a Coyote under the hood.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
TB 3826 is alive and well, bought it in 2002 with 18,000 miles on it. Drove it a HARD 124,000 miles until something let loose in the engine. Soooooooo, the logical thing was to do this.

Holy Horses! nicely done! more giddy up to your go :grin2: hope you added extra traction control and some really sticky tires, well maybe not...it might be just too much fun eh!

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Mark,
Funny you would mention sticky tires. This is the first time in 16 years that I did not go with Drag Radials. Was looking to smooth out the ride. Well........that didn't work, I can blow the tires off at will . So just biding my time until I need tires then it is back to DR's. LOL

Kerry

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Mark,
Funny you would mention sticky tires. This is the first time in 16 years that I did not go with Drag Radials. Was looking to smooth out the ride. Well........that didn't work, I can blow the tires off at will . So just biding my time until I need tires then it is back to DR's. LOL

Kerry
What size Tires are You running ?

275/30/18 Rear and 255/40/18 Front ?

A set of Sticky Ultra High Performance Summer Tire should keep the Shiny side up.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Well when I bought the tires the only sizes that were available were 265/35/18 on the front and 285/35/18 for the rears, I have been reviewing DR's and am probably going back to the Nitto NT05's in a 305 or 315. Have to research how big I can go with an 18. I had 315's on my 17's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still have my 01 Bullitt. Have owned it since new. When I factory ordered it Ford sent me a package with a DVD of the movie and other stuff.....but I'm not sure what is in it really. I have never opened it! It's still in the shipping package. My Bullitt has just over 37 thousand miles. Still as new.

Cheers,

Carguy

1 - 20 of 81 Posts