Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
'01 Bullitt numbers.

Hello to all fellow Mustangers out there.
I know of at least 4-01 bullitt's and they are all DHG in colour. Also 1-08 also DHG in colour. They are in British Columbia Canada.
Two 01's in the Vancouver BC area and two 01's on Vancouver Island. The 08 is on Vancouver Island. The 01's are all direct to Canada and the 08 is from the Eastern US, now in Ladysmith BC.
Mine being one of the 01's (#02073) was direct to Vancouver Island. With only 93,000kM on the dial. I am the third owner of this excellent example. I too enjoy the feeling given by this future classic.
All these cars are on the road. (mostly summer use).

My wife and I will be attending the 39th IMM in Leduc Alberta over Labour Weekend.
Hope to see other Bullitt's attending this event.

Thank's
Steve Pierce
VP Pacific Coast Mustang Association
Nanaimo B.C. Canada

·
Registered
3 Posts
Add one more in Penticton....and a buddy of mine has one that he keeps in Phoenix AZ. Originally a Canadian Bullitt. Both are DHG.
Cheers! Carguy

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I read somewhere that only 23 True Blue BULLITTS were sold new in Canada. Maybe that explains why that the only TB BULLITT I have ever seen in person is mine. (It is nice to show up at Car Shows with something different). Apparently there was another TB in Prince Edward Island, but unfortunately it was totaled a few years ago and I heard at the time that a Salvage Yard in Northern New Brunswick had bought the wreck. 020158 came from Florida.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
YES!!! A Coyote Bullitt!!!!
Sucks loosing the intake but I think the tradeoff is worth it.

Mine is doing really well. Bought in 2004 with ~36k miles. Only has ~127k miles now, mostly because since 2009 it sits a lot (working from home, etc). I have always had every intention to put as many miles on it as I can but just don't have the need.

Motor is extremely solid, pushing ~220psi per cylinder, new timing chain, refreshed suspension etc. Needs a trans rebuild (3rd gear syncho) and starting to need front struts again.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Bullitt #40 is still running strong with 174,000 miles on the clock. Bought it in Jan 2006 w/7500 miles. Still looks new inside and out. Still gets washed and quick detail waxed at least once every week to 10 days. Runs great, just have trouble getting her in reverse occasionally when hot? Just put in plugs and cops about a month ago.

Reactions: TrueBlue02058

·
Registered
197 Posts
TB #2294 purchased 8/08.69k(I think) It was completely stock. This year I did Koni shocks struts, h&r springs, mm caster / camber. Qa1 bumpsteer. When I first got it did the exhaust. I still get complements. Good feeling that my 17 year old is still appreciated.

Reactions: Bullitt 40

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Mine is still going at 116k miles since Sept 2001. I drive the car 2x a week normally on the weekends.

Reactions: Bullitt 40

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bullitt 2101 now has 77k miles. Added Bilsteins earlier this year. The suspension is refined now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
BULLITT #00422 was on the road today, BUT I just fried the wiring harness and will need to replace the alternator, wiring harness, and the vacuum hose above the wires. I just replaced the fuel pump, but at 167,400 miles; I'm just glad it's mine and I made it home before a bad electrical fire started.

I don't think the BOSCH alternator was pulling enough amps or it wouldn't have overheated bad enough.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
TB 3826 is alive and well, bought it in 2002 with 18,000 miles on it. Drove it a HARD 124,000 miles until something let loose in the engine. Soooooooo, the logical thing was to do this.

Well, well, well...look who the cat drug out, lol. I do not chase horsepower anymore. Besides, when I want to go really fast, I get on my GS 1100.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have my DHG 0938 with 137,000 miles on it. Currently getting the rear differential replaced (due to age), but overall still running very well.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I still have my DHG 0938 with 137,000 miles on it. Currently getting the rear differential replaced (due to age), but overall still running very well.
02058 has 129,000 miles and haven't had any problems with differential.

Replaced Engine and clutch in last 2 summers, so hopefully Differential holds up a few more years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The differential fluid had metal shavings in it, and the axle shaft bearings had play, so the differential and axle were replaced. The local shop got the replacement parts (remanufactured) from a company called Jasper, and comes with a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. No more humming/noise from the rear now.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Green = 337
Black = 98
True Blue = 23
TOTAL = 458
Is it true that all the true blue bullitts that went to canada were non mach 460 cars? I heard that of the 54 non mach 460 true blues cars, half went to canada

21 - 40 of 83 Posts