Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone has touched on this yet, but here goes...

I registered my car to be registered by the Mustang Club of Indianapolis.

I called and spoke to Bob Coulston, a "Show Co-Chair", to clarify some details. He said that the Bullitts registered to be judged by MCI have to park with all the "other" Mustangs, separate from the Bullitts!!:evil:

I kindly explained that the Bullitt Nationals is a pretty big deal for us Bullitt Heads. (I went out on a limb and spoke for all of us, Sorry if I stepped on any toes) After some discussion he said he was pretty sure he could work something out with the judges so all the Bullitts can stay together.:smile:

He said there were 3 or 4 Bullitts already registered with MCI, however, he would like a more definite number. He said if there isn't a large number of Bullitts to be judged, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

How many of you are planning on registering with them? It's $60 if you register b4 May 11th 2009, and $65 if you register after May 11th 2009.

How many are in?:smile:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
This whole deal with MCA stinks

·
Registered
93 Posts
cpd0924 said:
This whole deal with MCA stinks
I don't think he is talking about MCA he is talking about MCI Mustang Club Of Indianapolis, Which is the club that is holding the event that we are tagging along to. Having set up a couple car shows with the local club here I can tell you that clubs wanting to park together and showing up at all different times is always a MAJOR pain. I know where they are coming from but also know that as long as we talk to the right person and provide as much lead time a possible most people work with you.:tb01: :dhg08: :tb01:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am going to stick my neck out and say what I think ,I would not let them near my car to judge it . I am from Indy have shown with them before I will park with the Bullitts . They can mark my sheet all zeros if the want . my understanding is we will have our own show within the show. Best thing we can do is keep them out of it as for parking together same group had it all messed up last year and there were only 4 of us ,Being the Bullittheads that we are we took charge and fixed it
So the question is do I sign up with the bullitt nats or mustang club of indy
Chris Bullitt3975

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bullitt3975 said:
I am going to stick my neck out and say what I think ,I would not let them near my car to judge it . I am from Indy have shown with them before I will park with the Bullitts . They can mark my sheet all zeros if the want . my understanding is we will have our own show within the show. Best thing we can do is keep them out of it as for parking together same group had it all messed up last year and there were only 4 of us ,Being the Bullittheads that we are we took charge and fixed it
So the question is do I sign up with the bullitt nats or mustang club of indy
Chris Bullitt3975
I signed up for Both. The problem is, Indy wants us (Bullitts) to park with all the other Mustangs in order for them (Indy) to judge said Bullitts. I guess they dont want to leave the area where all the Mustangs are parked and have to "search" for other misc cars. I'm sure we'll be pretty close. However, we are already in that same boat ourselves.... I guess they want the "Bullitt Judges" to be the ones to find the Bullitts in the ocean of other cars.

I dont think this is going to be a problem though. Mr Coulston was a nice guy and I dont think it will be a problem. I dont think he realizes how many Bullitts will be there. In their minds, they dont want some local Mustang club showing up and demanding their own little parking area, then having to search for them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
grn1639 said:
I signed up for Both. The problem is, Indy wants us (Bullitts) to park with all the other Mustangs in order for them (Indy) to judge said Bullitts. I guess they dont want to leave the area where all the Mustangs are parked and have to "search" for other misc cars. I'm sure we'll be pretty close. However, we are already in that same boat ourselves.... I guess they want the "Bullitt Judges" to be the ones to find the Bullitts in the ocean of other cars.

I dont think this is going to be a problem though. Mr Coulston was a nice guy and I dont think it will be a problem. I dont think he realizes how many Bullitts will be there. In their minds, they dont want some local Mustang club showing up and demanding their own little parking area, then having to search for them.
I see your point but what I left out was last year their "spotlight car" of the show was the Bullitt Mustang All bullitts were supposed to be together 68,01,08 after being asked by there club president to bring my car, because I had refused to do so before. I have good reasons for my attitude and its not about parking of cars still I went anyway,And I will go only to hangout with my fellow Bullittheads and have a good time , I really dont care what they do with their show. Dont get me wrong you will still have a good time when Bullittheads get together it always a good time
Chris Bullitt3975

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
3975 Well said, I agree

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Guys I am working with the club so we can park together. I have been told it will not be a problem for us to park as a group and they still judge you in their show if you want. A big advantage would be for us to show up as a group so their isn't any reason why they wouldn't park us together.

Please contact me before you try and talk to the show organizers. Having multiple people contacting them from the same group just confuses the issue. If you have a concern PM a me and I will get it addressed.

·
Premium Member
13,824 Posts
I registered for the show but will not be in any judged class.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I registered for "judging" but unintentionally. I sent my registration before the confusion about paying for display/judging was cleared up.

I will park with the BullittHeads. Cleaning up a car after an 850 mile ride is simply too time consuming, particularly the engine compartment. Will let the local guys do the showing.

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
I signed up for display only. Greg, thanks for working to get things set so the Bullitt owners can park together.

I do plan to partake in the autocross and the track laps!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
droopysbullitt said:
Guys I am working with the club so we can park together. I have been told it will not be a problem for us to park as a group and they still judge you in their show if you want. A big advantage would be for us to show up as a group so their isn't any reason why they wouldn't park us together.

Please contact me before you try and talk to the show organizers. Having multiple people contacting them from the same group just confuses the issue. If you have a concern PM a me and I will get it addressed.
Very SORRY about that Greg! I didn't mean to step on your toes, I should have PM-ed you first, b4 starting this thread. I just called him to clarify some stuff and we ended up talking about that matter. :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts