Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppls, i got my bullitt about 2 months ago, and im loving it. Well here is my question ive heard that there were 6000 or 6500 of them made (one of the reasons i got it), the other day I had to take her in to the dealer to get new headligh put on it and i saw 3 of them in the lot. I went and asked one of the sales man if he knew how many were made and he said atleast 50,000 and that he had about 20 of them in the back. Does any one know the exact number?thanks

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I've heard here that the final number appears to be 5601. The actual number will be firmed up in the next couple months. That salesman is just like the majority of salesmen I encounter. Uninformed! It is amazing that a person making their living selling cars, knows little about the products they push.

Brad
DHG #4865

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,048 Posts
Here is a post from Mr.T, THE MAN!!!

Posted: 2001-09-09 23:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually you need to read my post more clearly. I basically said that the last serialized sticker put on a Bullitt was 5601. That is NOT however the number produced. Due to pre-production units and some other issues which occured on the assembly line, the number produced and the serialzed #'s don't match exactly. All of the info is being compiled now, and if given permission, hopefully a complete breakdown will be posted soon. As for the final total, 5582 was the number I had. Going to verify again on Monday to make sure. But that should be a VERY solid figure.
_Mr.T________________
1989 Mustang GT

(It is in Bullitthead Chat--Post your guess at the final production number of Bullitts" Topic).

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-09-24 11:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I have to take her back sometime this week and im gana check it out. The other day i was looking in the news paper and the add said "bullitt $24,700 12 at this price and also said this is no missprint" I live in south cali just so u guys know. Anyways im just pissed that ford cant give a final number.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd bet you dealer had 20 GTs, not 20 Bullitts. Even the delaers with the biggest allotments only got 8 to 10 of them. Some of the top dealers might have gotten 12 or more, but they're few and far between. Any that were special ordered went against their allotment.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Per the FCSD PVT program mgr I've been dealing with, his 'unofficial' quote is 5581 / 5602 depending on how you count preproduction/prototypes.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-25 20:40, Bullitt DHG #4566 wrote:
$24,100.00 was the price of mine, I used
the X plan that FORD was offering.X plan
is 1% over A plan.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
X plan is supposed to be 4% over A plan. If you got it for that, your dealer screwed up.

Brad
DHG #4865

1 - 8 of 8 Posts