Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appologize if this has already been asked...anyone know how many 08 black bullitt's were made?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Don't know how many were made in 08 but there were supposed to be 1000 out of the 08 09 run made in black.The rest were made in the correct color.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think I heard that ~2000 were made in the more exclusive color in 08.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Last I heard was 15 to 20 percent is what the BLK bullitt have been tracked at.
Some Bullitt's are GREEN with envy, remember what they say " once you go BLACK you'll never go back" :)

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,428 Posts
08Bullitt0621 said:
I appologize if this has already been asked...anyone know how many 08 black bullitt's were made?
Too many. :lol:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Thanks Jim.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Isn't a black Bullitt just a black GT with Bullitt pieces added on, while the green one is born a Bullitt?:wink: :dhg08:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Just think of it this way, In the family of 10 Bullitts there was only one Black Bullitt. Some people think of it as a black Bastard child. Only the strong and brave dare to TRY control this out of the ordinary Bullitt. Everyone knows that the Green Bullitt isn't for everyone, the Black Bullitt is even more so!
I have seen about 7 Green Bullitts in the last 1 1/2 years, I've only seen 1 Black Bullitt during this time. I here all the time people say OHH look a black Bullitt, I thought they were all Green. I have even seen people at car shows actually get angry at my car and say this isn't a bullitt and it shouldn't be displayed as one, I love it when I can pull out a strong emotion "P1$$ED OFF" out of people with out trying:) So when I pull up to the stop light with my Black Beast and people don't have a clue what I am driving. I kindly take off in a fashion that allows them to see my rear badge "BULLITT" , the evil one that sleeps with the green family.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Around here the black ones are being advertised as "VERY RARE" in an effort to get more $$ for them. I wish them luck in their endeavors.:doubt:

·
Registered
218 Posts
BlackPony said:
Just think of it this way, In the family of 10 Bullitts there was only one Black Bullitt. Some people think of it as a black Bastard child. Only the strong and brave dare to TRY control this out of the ordinary Bullitt. Everyone knows that the Green Bullitt isn't for everyone, the Black Bullitt is even more so!
I have seen about 7 Green Bullitts in the last 1 1/2 years, I've only seen 1 Black Bullitt during this time. I here all the time people say OHH look a black Bullitt, I thought they were all Green. I have even seen people at car shows actually get angry at my car and say this isn't a bullitt and it shouldn't be displayed as one, I love it when I can pull out a strong emotion "P1$$ED OFF" out of people with out trying:) So when I pull up to the stop light with my Black Beast and people don't have a clue what I am driving. I kindly take off in a fashion that allows them to see my rear badge "BULLITT" , the evil one that sleeps with the green family.
I have a green 09 and would have picked black if I had a choice, I still like my green. 3 green cars now, I always seem to buy green.
First car was green volvo
2nd was green 65 impala 3rd was green mg ( still have) green gmc safari, Green Bullitt!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
A Bullitt sighting of any color is a rare occasion. I just don't see that many on the road. Reason - pure numbers, with only a set amount made, the chances of seeing one is a shot in the dark (in Bullitt speak that is).

That said, it is much easier to recognize a Highland Green S197 on the road from the Black. You see a green late model, it means only one thing - BULLITT. If one sees a Black S197 Mustang, is it a GT, a V-6 or Bullitt? Only a closer inspection will reveal the true identity.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It is kind of a good litmus test with anyone you are talking to. If you tell them you have a Bullitt and they don't ask which color they probably don't know much about them, or just don't care. Same can be said for the serial number.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10% or less production on the Black Bullitt's, which to me does make them rather rare, that would be under 700.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BlackPony said:
+1 What he said!! :lol:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Black Bullits might not be true to the original Green, but they look better/cooler, are more rare, and are FASTER.

NANA NANA BOO BOO GREEN BULLITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think that 25 micron coating of paint makes your bullitt any differnt than mine, I beg to differ.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Chad, says BLK ones are COOL

At last years Queen Mary car show I had Chad sign BLK 1883 after he finished he ask if could sit in it after a moment, looking around he says never seen a blk one, its COOL I like it. That's good enough for me if Chad thinks the black Bullitts are COOL, so be it. :smile:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I love my black one. But I wouldn't mind having the green one sitting next to it in the garage.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts