Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
A while back, I copied/pasted ALL of the 08/09 registry, and dumped it into MS Word, and had it count all the instances of black versus green. (I obviously don't have children.) My result was 18.X percent black. Say 1 in 5, assuming that IMBOC is representative of the whole production run.

I've owned many black cars, including my black Bullitt, and each time I've said, "No more black cars!" Just because they're such a pain to take care of, and I'm pretty anal retentive. However, I will say that nothing looks better than a nice, clean, glossy black paint job! IMHO, anyway!

That said, I would've bought my car in DHG. Reason why I didn't was that I had turned my dad (he's 75) onto getting a Bullitt, and he saw and bought the DHG car in the showroom. When I went to help him pick it up, they (very intentionally, right in front of me) rolled out the only other one they had, a black one, to replace the one in the showroom that dad was buying. I was in love, and had just turned 40 the month before, so I said what the heck and bought the black one 3 weeks later. I have to admit, I love DHG...but also, my black one was a stunner when they rolled it in!

My bottom line: both look their best when parked next to each other on my dad's driveway when I go to visit my folks. I'll leave it at that!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
2008_black_2190 said:
A while back, I copied/pasted ALL of the 08/09 registry, and dumped it into MS Word, and had it count all the instances of black versus green. (I obviously don't have children.) My result was 18.X percent black. Say 1 in 5, assuming that IMBOC is representative of the whole production run.

I've owned many black cars, including my black Bullitt, and each time I've said, "No more black cars!" Just because they're such a pain to take care of, and I'm pretty anal retentive. However, I will say that nothing looks better than a nice, clean, glossy black paint job! IMHO, anyway!

That said, I would've bought my car in DHG. Reason why I didn't was that I had turned my dad (he's 75) onto getting a Bullitt, and he saw and bought the DHG car in the showroom. When I went to help him pick it up, they (very intentionally, right in front of me) rolled out the only other one they had, a black one, to replace the one in the showroom that dad was buying. I was in love, and had just turned 40 the month before, so I said what the heck and bought the black one 3 weeks later. I have to admit, I love DHG...but also, my black one was a stunner when they rolled it in!

My bottom line: both look their best when parked next to each other on my dad's driveway when I go to visit my folks. I'll leave it at that!
Lee

That driveway has to be the best-looking driveway in the City! Way to go! Congrats on having one Bullitt of each color in the family - and on having a Dad who is a Bullitthead at age 75! I bet your Dad gives you a hard time about having the "black sheep in the family"?!:lol:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
2008_black_2190 said:

Lee

I just noticed that you are from the SF Bay Area. Have you and your Dad simulated the Bullit chase scene route with him chasing you as the bad guy?:badgrin:

I just scheduled my vacation next April for SF. I hope to drive the chase scene route.:cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, Al...my dad gives me a hard time for not having the "real" Bullitt color. Then I remind him that black is more rare, and looks badass. He thinks it's funny.

We haven't done the chase scene, but it sounds like fun. When you visit SF, why don't you rent a Charger, and I'll chase you through the route? :lol:

Somehow, I doubt I'll have much of a problem catching you, but I promise not to run you off the road into a gas station (unless you shoot at me).

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
2008_black_2190 said:
Yeah, Al...my dad gives me a hard time for not having the "real" Bullitt color. Then I remind him that black is more rare, and looks badass. He thinks it's funny.

We haven't done the chase scene, but it sounds like fun. When you visit SF, why don't you rent a Charger, and I'll chase you through the route? :lol:

Somehow, I doubt I'll have much of a problem catching you, but I promise not to run you off the road into a gas station (unless you shoot at me).
Lee

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK- but your Dad will have to do the chasing since he has the green one:badgrin:

Al

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Didn't see the stats anywhere, so briginging up an old post. The info. I have from Ford Performance Rev. 02/18/11 for the 08/09 cars. It also contains all options and the stats for all options.

5808 total
4377 green
1431 black

816 total
635 green
181 black

5582 total
3041 green
1818 black
723 blue

·
Registered
127 Posts
i love my black bullitt. 4103 wouldn't trade it for anything and it still a true bullitt. :wink:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I was reading this thread on Sunday. I thought to myself, I've never seen a black B in and around the south Texas area.

On my way to a sports bar I was sandwiched between the new guys(Camaro SS and 5.0 Mustang)in the lefthand turning lane. When a black Bullitt flew past me on my right side, stop, and signal to turn right towards Laredo, Texas. It had black staggered Bullitt styled wheels, definetly cammed, and of course, aftermarket A/B's. It was good to see it when I was outnumbered. The light turns green, he makes the turn straightens it out and lets loose. Almost like he was letting me know I got your back. Perfect timing indeed. They do look tuff. Greens my thing though.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Kinda like ghosts and aliens.......just because you don't see them, that doesn't mean there not around.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
This is one of my favorite Bullitts. Last I heard, it was for sale in SC. That was a couple years ago so I do not know where it ended up.

Reactions: MustangP51

·
Registered
BULLITT 2008
25 Posts
resume 2008 / 2009 Bullitt
1 / 4 car is Black
3 / 4 car is HG

2008-2009 Ford mustang BULLITT REGISTRY

A total of 6624 total BULLITTs (5808 in 2008) + (816 in 2009).

in 2008 :
4377 HG Color < 75% in this color
1431 Black Color < 25%
5808 total 2 colors in 2008 ( 29 in preproduction )

in 2009 :
635 HG Color < 78% in this color
181 Black Color < 22%
816 total 2 colors in 2009 ( 2 in preproduction )

TOTAL 2008 + 2009 :
5012 HG total : > 4377 / 08 + 635 / 09 76% in this color
1612 Black total : > 1431 / 08 + 181 / 09 24%
6624 total 2 colors 2008-09 ( 31 in preproduction )

Mine is BLACK , i love HG color too !
i just wanted to change color because my last " BMW 530i Sedan "was " High Green "
( see picture )

Attachments

41 - 54 of 54 Posts