Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there are any bullitts in the surrounding areas? I bounce back and forth from North Jersey to down the shore. Would be nice to meet some other owners. Maybe a small meet up. Hopefully when the weather is nicer and more accommodating. Thanks for reading here are some pics of my 08 next to a gt 500.

Matt

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I grew up in Ocean, Toms River to be exact, but that was 40 years ago! I only go back to visit when I have to and believe me, that ain't often.
Lee

·
Registered
2 Posts
I grew up in Ocean, Toms River to be exact, but that was 40 years ago! I only go back to visit when I have to and believe me, that ain't often.
Lee
Just curious if there are any bullitts in the surrounding areas? I bounce back and forth from North Jersey to down the shore. Would be nice to meet some other owners. Maybe a small meet up. Hopefully when the weather is nicer and more accommodating. Thanks for reading here are some pics of my 08 next to a gt 500.

Matt View attachment 78473 View attachment 78474 View attachment 78475
Hello...I am in Summit and have a 2019 Bullitt. I'd enjoy that when the weather gets warmer...I hardly ever see another one around here.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Matt, I have an 08 Bullitt. I live in Long Valley NJ. It would be great to meet up with other Bullitt owners. Keep me posted. Where do you live ?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Trenton with a 19 Bullitt myself.

Not too interested in meetups at the moment due to Covid, but maybe sometime down the line!
Agreed. That's what I meant in the post. Family and safety first.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah fortunately I'm young and have little to worry about personally, but I try to dodge crowds and gatherings for sake of my family and what not.

Love the 08 wheels, wish the 19' set looked almost identical. (not a fan of the gloss black rims)

Any mods on your 08? I had an 05 V6 (stock pretty much) that I drove for the past 10 years or so. Was a fun car for a daily, but the new Bullitt blows it out of the water

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah fortunately I'm young and have little to worry about personally, but I try to dodge crowds and gatherings for sake of my family and what not.

Love the 08 wheels, wish the 19' set looked almost identical. (not a fan of the gloss black rims)

Any mods on your 08? I had an 05 V6 (stock pretty much) that I drove for the past 10 years or so. Was a fun car for a daily, but the new Bullitt blows it out of the water
Just bought the fr500s mufflers. Other than that stock. Same here in my late 20s but still working. Fortunately.

·
Premium Member
2008 #417 blk w/ambient lighting/active anti theft alarm/hid headlamps. No wheel locks or trunk wart
5 Posts
Just bought the fr500s mufflers
Hi MattsJJZ109, Ford performance has told me they may no longer make the fr500s mufflers for lack of demand. I can’t find them anywhere for sale. My Bullitt is stock and these are the only mufflers I want. Where did you get yours? And do you think they have one more set?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi MattsJJZ109, Ford performance has told me they may no longer make the fr500s mufflers for lack of demand. I can’t find them anywhere for sale. My Bullitt is stock and these are the only mufflers I want. Where did you get yours? And do you think they have one more set?
I contacted American Muscle on December 22nd regarding the mufflers since on their site they said out of stock. They said Ford Performance was making more exhaust systems but I'd have to wait. I ordered it that day. Im still on backordered status. But, if you look at their site, the exhaust went from out of stock to ships in 2 to 3 weeks. So, I'm sure they wont stop production on the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2008 #417 blk w/ambient lighting/active anti theft alarm/hid headlamps. No wheel locks or trunk wart
5 Posts
I contacted American Muscle on December 22nd regarding the mufflers since on their site they said out of stock. They said Ford Performance was making more exhaust systems but I'd have to wait. I ordered it that day. Im still on backordered status. But, if you look at their site, the exhaust went from out of stock to ships in 2 to 3 weeks. So, I'm sure they wont stop production on the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I hope you're right, here's the email I got from Ford performance.
Screenshot_20210110-101646.png

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I bought my Bullitt 2 months ago, first thing I did was research my car and found this forum. After many nights reading all I can learn, I knew tires and axle back exhaust to be the first changes. I upgraded to 255/45/18 michelin pilot sport as. Very happy with purchase.

Now I’m stuck waiting to find the fr500s mufflers. I went to all of the websites. Some say backordered, not available, or buy now. Every website from my experience of trying to find the M-5230S drop ships from Ford. Even Ford had the mufflers listed as available late January early February. That was one month ago. Then I checked again last week and Ford changed the availability to end of this year. Bummer, that’s when I emailed Ford and received the response. The email does say to keep checking back.

Since American muscle is an authorized Ford seller, maybe they have insider information. I hope so.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought my Bullitt 2 months ago, first thing I did was research my car and found this forum. After many nights reading all I can learn, I knew tires and axle back exhaust to be the first changes. I upgraded to 255/45/18 michelin pilot sport as. Very happy with purchase.

Now I’m stuck waiting to find the fr500s mufflers. I went to all of the websites. Some say backordered, not available, or buy now. Every website from my experience of trying to find the M-5230S drop ships from Ford. Even Ford had the mufflers listed as available late January early February. That was one month ago. Then I checked again last week and Ford changed the availability to end of this year. Bummer, that’s when I emailed Ford and received the response. The email does say to keep checking back.

Since American muscle is an authorized Ford seller, maybe they have insider information. I hope so.
Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Fingers crossed.

Yes🤞

If ever in the Hartford Connecticut area, l’ll meet up. Took her out of storage Friday for some weekend fun. Was caught by surprise when another mustang pass by me waving. I do that when riding my Harley and now the mustang.:)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes

If ever in the Hartford Connecticut area, l’ll meet up. Took her out of storage Friday for some weekend fun. Was caught by surprise when another mustang pass by me waving. I do that when riding my Harley and now the mustang.:)
I just checked summit racing. It says if you ordered today estimated ship date is Jan 20th. Let's think positively.

·
BULLITT In The Chamber
100 Posts
I find it hard to believe that they would cancel the muffler kit. I love them, and everyone that has installed them loves them. The price is a little high, but they fit like a glove.
When I bought mine about a year ago, some sites had no stock, and others had a shipping delay time.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I find it hard to believe that they would cancel the muffler kit. I love them, and everyone that has installed them loves them. The price is a little high, but they fit like a glove.
When I bought mine about a year ago, some sites had no stock, and others had a shipping delay time.
Yeah, I called American Muscle yesterday and they said they had no info regarding discontinuing the exhaust. All they said was it was out of stock and it should be in their facility within 1 to 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts