Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think quite a few of us have....

I have named my mixed breed male dog-Bullitt. :)

Ichibanbullitt

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
I re-named my pet ant "Bullitt".

His name used to be "Adam".

He's green too.

:py2:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Our Lab is Lt. Frank

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Nope. Our Jack Russell terrier is named Harley. If we buy a 2nd one, that will probably be named Davidson.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If I had a fish, I would name it Bullitt, provided it could swim really fast. We take care of my daughter's Boxer. His name is Gus so I can't rename him but I have tried to rename other people's pets, Bullitt. They don't seem to like me doing that.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha ha haaaaa...I like the fish one. (If it swims really fast).

I thought more members might have done it. You never know.

What's really ironic is that back in the 60's, when I was groing up, we apparently had a German Shepard named Bullet....spelled differently, still kinda spooky.

All I remember is I tried to sit on him and ride like the wind!!

All is good.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
937 Posts
Named this guy Leonidas (300 Spartans)

Attachments

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,061 Posts
ichibanbullitt said:
What's really ironic is that back in the 60's, when I was groing up, we apparently had a German Shepard named Bullet....spelled differently, still kinda spooky.

All I remember is I tried to sit on him and ride like the wind!!

All is good.

Ichibanbullitt
Neil, what a coincidence! We had a German Shepherd growing up too that was named Bullet. The people that donated him to the police dept. for training had already named him that not knowing he was going to be a police dog. My dad was a city police officer and he was the first officer to get a K-9 dog ("police dog" they called them back then in the 60's.) He was very protective of us kids. Whenever someone would knock at our door, we had to lock him in the basement and bring him out slowly to smell/meet them, and you couldn't put your hands in your pocket or behind your back or he would/could bite you. All in the training.....

He had a kennel built in the back yard that the city had to build for him. He had a plaque above his covered dog house that read BULLET that my dad still has to this day-40 years later. In fact, the kennel is still there but overgrown with ivy. Bullet was in the kennel a lot when he was younger but then we kept him in the house more for protectiion when he got older. He LOVED to go to work! Whenever my Dad would put his leather "work collar" on him, he would be a completely different dog than the one we knew at home. :lol: We were very proud of our Dad and his police dog. It was very hard on my Dad when that partner of his died of cancer. My Dad never missed a day of work but when his dog died, he took off 3 days!

Vicki

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hahaha... real funny this was brought up. I have 2 Beagles the oldest named Bullitt and the youngest Shelby.

Oh and if you look in the background you can see they are a wreaking team cause I have partial blinds.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Our one Dobie is now 7 and her name is Brandy, I always liked the song,The 2 year old Dobie is Bullitt we got him from a Rescue in Santa Paula (McQueens last area) and we have a cat named Senna...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts