Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
I think that the Mach 1 will be built...
maybe not this year though. Same with the
Terminator.

BTW, every time I make a prediction about
certain car productions...I am WRONG!

So with that being said...no, neither will
be produced.

See? It's a vicious cycle.

Seriously, I think both will be made. When?
I don't know.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Steve McQ
and "assassins" figures complete the scene.
Yahoo for Cocoa Puffs!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-26 00:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hope both are produced. I would love to be confused about which one I just have to have.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I think they will both be made. When? Who knows? I think they want to get the Cobra out by June as a '03 model in order to do battle with the LS1 Camaro/Birds before GM retires them (we know thats temporary). I doubt it will happen. It likely will be delayed as are most Ford projects and will not be on the streets until next winter or later. The Mach 1? I would be surprised to see it any earlier than the Cobra, and likely later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-25 21:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
509 Posts
I received word from some of my very reliable sources at Ford that the Terminator will be announced at the Chicago Auto Show in February that production will start in May '02! Quite a surprise, eh!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Neither will be made until Ford figures out how to quit loosing their a$$. If something doesn't change at Ford our Bullits may be a little more collectible than we originally thought..

Kinda like the Studabaker<sp>

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't think Ford is in that much trouble-I think the Mach 1 will make it without the 4 cam engine. The supercharged Cobra is supposed to be based on the 2V engine so why would Ford continue production on the very expensive 4V engine? If you really want a laugh grab old issues of car magazines(Like Car & Driver and Motor Trend) and check out their predictions. They were in the business and were right only 25% of the time as to what was coming from the big three. So; if I'm wrong, big deal, Ford makes cooler cars than what I predicted.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hind sight is always 20/20 !

Did you search for this old post or just come across it?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2003-12-17 16:29, kfengler wrote:
I think they'll build both!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2003-12-17 17:25, joecsbullitt wrote:
UMMM guys????whats the terminator?

03 Cobra

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
The Terminator:

Hasta La Vista Baby!!!

My brother works on Team Mustang and got me this poster last year....

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Stumbled upon it! :smile: Couldn't resist an answer though!!! :smile: :smile:

On 2003-12-17 17:14, BULLITT4655 wrote:
Hind sight is always 20/20 !

Did you search for this old post or just come across it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My company makes tooling for fastener manufacturers. I had a customer place an order earlier this year for tooling to make some samples for the Terminator project. At that time I had never heard of it. He told me the bolts were for the engine and were very heavy duty. Sounds like Ford is planning the engine for some real horsepower

1 - 17 of 17 Posts