Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to know if anyone had any definitive numbers on the pilot/pre production Bullitts? I read one article stating there was 20. But you simply never know. Also would you speculate years down the line if perhaps having a PP car might deem it more desirable than a standard numbered Bullitt?

I used to own Bullitt 415 until my ex and I parted ways and guess who made sure I didn't get to keep it?!

My local dealer has a PP car with 11K miles on it. all options except the shaker 1000 as it has nav instead. the dealer published price was 27K and I got them down to 22,250. fair deal you think? Im not crazy about buying a car with over 11k miles on it when I can get one with under 2k miles on it for a reasonably amount more.

If anyone has any input on these PP cars feel free to chime in whether you'd take the PP car or one with lower miles for more money. I'm inclined to think I can live with the existing miles and jump on it at 22,250. any thoughts? I really want to get a Bullitt back in the garage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I was thinking this myself and 22,250 isn't a bad price any way you cut it really. pushing 12k miles or not. I've personally not seen a PP number over 16 but the one article I read said there was 20. But then earlier last year I saw one strange bird surface. It was numbered '4P' at the beginning. Looking at photos from the club visit on the outside there are some covered vehicles and a sign near them that says '4P Build' so I assume there are also some cars which are numbered 4P as well.
We've got to be talking very small quantities here though.

Again the price isnt bad. Im not even sure there are many standard numbered Bullitts out there with near 12k miles on them at $22k much less a PP car.
the pre production cars all seem to be registered on November 13 07 as corporate vehicles.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,834 Posts
Another mystery?

dpartn said:
I was curious to know if anyone had any definitive numbers on the pilot/pre production Bullitts? I read one article stating there was 20. But you simply never know. Also would you speculate years down the line if perhaps having a PP car might deem it more desirable than a standard numbered Bullitt?

I used to own Bullitt 415 until my ex and I parted ways and guess who made sure I didn't get to keep it?!

My local dealer has a PP car with 11K miles on it. all options except the shaker 1000 as it has nav instead. the dealer published price was 27K and I got them down to 22,250. fair deal you think? Im not crazy about buying a car with over 11k miles on it when I can get one with under 2k miles on it for a reasonably amount more.

If anyone has any input on these PP cars feel free to chime in whether you'd take the PP car or one with lower miles for more money. I'm inclined to think I can live with the existing miles and jump on it at 22,250. any thoughts? I really want to get a Bullitt back in the garage.
I think this will be another of Ford's great "unknowns," like "how many '88 Mustang GT T-Tops were made. Nobody knows... :confused:

My dealership had PP13 on the lot with 12,000 mi. and I thought about it, but decided to keep #1917 instead. I think, years from now, the PP would be a great investment and that they will command much larger sums. Your call.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,834 Posts
wabirch said:
Can you find out if this car was put through the mill? Talk to who drove it? Get it up in the air for an inspection - maybe with a tech you can trust?
I don't think they'd ever let that cat out of the bag, but you know in your heart that a Ford bigwig with the company's latest high-performance toy isn't going to dog it around the church parking lot. PP13 showed obvious signs of wear & tear such as scratches, and torn leather on steering wheel. It had been driven, no doubt.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Its basiclly a used car..... With a cool number and history and I also believe will be more valuble years later than the regular Bullitts.. I think 22K for used 1-2 yearold bullitt isn't bad. What are regular used Mustangs GTs with the same mileage going for?

I would expect most all used mustangs would have been run hard, they are performance vehicles... Before Ford will allow them to be sold they have been inspected.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know that I'd want it. It would always be on my mind who drove it and how hard. I saw a couple used Bullitts with just over 2,000 miles going for 23,900.
One was number 302 and the other was I think 5217.I could be mistaken about the number of that one,but it looked like a good price to me.I'd say keep looking.But in the end it's your decision.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not to hyjack but,

I posted mine, #4100, loaded with 12,000, for "around" 23k and didn't get a nibble. Granted it's not a PP car, and I understand the market etc. It's close to going to CarMax just to get me out from under the loan. Long story, wife lost job, kids need milk.
The prices are crazy ....

Back to the thread;

I'd say the PP car would have to be more valuable, but these days, and I think in the future (the younger generation of buyers) the number or rarity of a vehicle will not as important. Hard call.

Frank

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
According to the Ford reps we talked to at the reveal, they relayed that all of the PP cars were mechanically reviewed very closely for wear and tear and any defects and then corrected before going back out for service. We were told there were 20 cars, if memory serves (droopysbullitt could also confirm).

B-Man still needs PP06, which is the '08 jump car that was in Motor Trend. The value to him would be immeasurable. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
dpartn said:

I'd think these would be desirable for the collector, but that's all. Some of these are the cars given to the car magazines for the early reviews and road tests, and as a result they've been well and truly flogged hard. I wouldn't buy one without a compression test and a thorough pre-purchase inspection by a dis-interested independent facility.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'd certainly consider a PP car. Especially if it was RED! As for the miles and flogging, maybe an offer of an extended warranty for no extra cost would solve any tripidations you might have about buying the car. Otherwise, is it what you really want?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I would buy one if the deal was right. As stated above, it is a used car, if not outright abused - I can't see spending more on it than a comparable '08 GT...

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
the red car was NOT a pp car it was a running test mule that was destined for the crusher... that being said.... for the right price you bet i would own one

a couple momths ago there was a pp car with only 60 miles on it that only brought 24k bid on e-bay...... go figure

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I took a look at it and aside from the corners of the tires having some wear, one tiny touched up chip and the not eye appealing satellite radio antenna the car was rather clean as a pin. So took the plunge and added the bumper to bumper 6/100K warranty and now own 1PP03! Dealers seems reasonable sorts to move Mustangs when theres 5 inches of snow out and it's 2 degrees. And the beauty of being able to have cash to buy it paid in full (I had to scrimp to make it happen) but no ex or present partner will get this one out from under me. Good to be back in the fold of Bullitt owners.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
WAY TO GO! Maybe see you around this summer... just curious, what dealer was it at? I live close to AV Ford, and there are NO deals to be had over there :(

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
dpartn said:
Well I took a look at it and aside from the corners of the tires having some wear, one tiny touched up chip and the not eye appealing satellite radio antenna the car was rather clean as a pin. So took the plunge and added the bumper to bumper 6/100K warranty and now own 1PP03! Dealers seems reasonable sorts to move Mustangs when theres 5 inches of snow out and it's 2 degrees. And the beauty of being able to have cash to buy it paid in full (I had to scrimp to make it happen) but no ex or present partner will get this one out from under me. Good to be back in the fold of Bullitt owners.
Good for you! Glad you have another Bullitt!:dhg08:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morries.

I agree Jim, AV has few deals. I was going to opt for a brand new leftover stock 2007 Ford Harley F-150 Saleen. they have one on their lot with a $47K sticker but will sell it for $28K. not a bad deal at all for a saleen supercharged Harley truck but I backed off after the sales reps annoyed me. bargain or not. AV also has a Bullitt but it ain't no bargain as I recall.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Gratz!

I still would like to consider buying 1PP06. Not sure where that one is now.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.