Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do Bullitts Weight??? In a MM&FF they said it weighted 3900lbs....THATS CRAZY!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah I know,I just heard from my buddy who got his issue,before I did. Man,they also stated it was heavier than a Cobra convert!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to weigh mine today! thats crazy! I don't see how a couple of suspension, engine and frame mods could add up to 700 lbs!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was on Nitto Drag Radials... I heated them up for 10mins...lol all thats done to it is a Saleen Powerflash Chip (modded) and no air silencer. I am gonna buy a K&N for it soon, but I don't drive it much at all. I launched at 3600rpm shifted at 5600rpms and cut a 2.0 for the 60

·
Registered
835 Posts
In a previous thread, we discussed why the Bullitt actually weighs less than either the Cobra of the GT - 80 lbs less without IRS, no wing, etc. - because we were trying to figure out why the Bullitt weighed in around 250 lbs less than the stock GT.

The scale used by the editor must be way off. A scale for vehicles wouldn't even be accurate for weighing people, like the editor said he did as a test. He should have gotten a certified proof weight and calibrated the scale. Instead he used himself and then went to press.

And I thought the 2 morons from Detroit were bad. It's a shame a maagazine devoted to Mustangs can't even get their info straight. This guy ruined what was basically a positive review with this misinformation that consumed a major portion of his write-up.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
in 1970 my boss 302 weighed in at 3230 lbs
i weighed 155
now the bullitt weighs in at 3271 and i am
195 or so
strange? or coincidence

theme from twight zone playing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts