Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I just bought my black bullitt about 2 weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE the car - coming from a 2003 mazdaspeed protege, the v8 is what I've always wanted. I wanted to know if anyone can give me a rough estimate as to what kind of horsepower I'm putting down right now, I have a BBK CAI (fenderwell mount) and a catless Mac Prochamber that I just installed yesterday. It also has a short throw shifter and is dropped on eibach sportlines with the caster camber plates and bumpsteer kit along with a ton of other really nice mods (the car has EVERYTHING i would have wanted done to it already and was kept nearly immaculate for a 36k mile daily driver!). Sorry if i'm ranting, I really love the car! just wanted to know what you would guess I'm at as far as rwhp? Also, what would you reccommend for a next mod? I'd like to keep it fairly simple and gears aren't really a consideration right now (my dad doesnt want me to gear it any lower) - anything I should be looking at? Thanks guys, glad to have found this site!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Glad you like the Bullitt and bought an American car, there will be many suggestions on what to do next. Read them all and take your time deciding, you will make better choices by doing a little research on the suggestions.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well it sounds (pun intended :D) like you're just missing a catback if you don't already have one!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the recent purchase! I would agree with Greg. You are probably in the 240-245 range. As for your next mod; I would recommend gears. 4.10s in you plan to stay N/A and 3.73s if you plan to use a forced induction later down the road.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The only reason I didn't suggest gears is because he said his dad didn't want him to gear it any lower, which sucks because gears would be one of your favorite mods! I'm assuming you're not on stock gears simply because of the way you worded it? 3.55s perhaps?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
DiZzyBonne said:
The only reason I didn't suggest gears is because he said his dad didn't want him to gear it any lower, which sucks because gears would be one of your favorite mods! I'm assuming you're not on stock gears simply because of the way you worded it? 3.55s perhaps?
d'oh! Read right over that part.:redface:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Get a panhard bar. U will love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked into a panhard bar and am not really sure that it would help with performance / how it works? haha, I believe I have stock gears but i'm not completely positive, 70 mph is almost dead on 2,000 RPM, as far as basic engine bolt ons though, there isnt really anything else I should look for? I agree with the catback but I like the sound of the stock one - would I get any more horsepower going with a different one?

·
Registered
987 Posts
BlkBullitt1242 said:
I looked into a panhard bar and am not really sure that it would help with performance / how it works? haha, I believe I have stock gears but i'm not completely positive, 70 mph is almost dead on 2,000 RPM, as far as basic engine bolt ons though, there isnt really anything else I should look for? I agree with the catback but I like the sound of the stock one - would I get any more horsepower going with a different one?
Panhard bar keeps the rear-end for kicking out when u accel in a turn. Most people I know go with front coilovers only and panhard in the rear. Really helps in the acceleration with the weight transfer......OH yeah also get some FL subframes that REALLY helps.

As far as gears go I have 3.90's and when I get to 80mph the RPM's r only at 2.3k.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Engine:

Catback, maybe mid length headers or long tubes (the collectors on the long tunes may drag on speed bumps and steep driveways with your lowering springs), cams maybe. Don't waste your time/money on shorty headers for your car, they won't make much difference.

Those two things in addition to the mods you already listed would probably wake it up the most.

For your suspension, I would think about full length sub-frame connectors and rear lower control arms (I have both, all Maximum Motorsports pieces). They help the car feel much more soild on launch and in turns and are probably within your budget.

Depending on your mechanical skills (and the tools available in your/your dad's garage) you may need to find a shop in your area for these mods. The headers will set you back around $600, and its been awhile, but the cams are about the same price. Check for price of install at whatever shop you choose and figure that into your budget.

Welcome to the club!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts