Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering does anyone know how much horses we really have. I remember the dealership told me 275. But my friend called me today and was reading out of a Mustang 5.0 magazine and he said they were comparing the Bullitt with the Cobra. And it said that the Bullitt has only 265. Does anyone know the truth?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
According to many dyno reads, the bullitts have been doing anywhere from 235-241. That's roughly between 270 and 285, assuming the 15% power loss. It'll be more around 275 though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The "official" number from Ford is 265hp, they were shhoting for 275, but fell short....or did they?

Lot's of Bullitt owners have had there cars dyno'ed, with results in the 272-276hp range. Alot of people speculate that after the fiasco with the '99 Cobra putting out far less than the 320 advertised, they were playing it safe when they released it with 265hp advertised.

You are probably closer to 275hp, give or a take a pony or two!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
On Fords website they had the Bullitt listed at 265. They changed it later to show 275 HP. Since then the Bullitt info has been taken off. I think Bob had found this first and brought it up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I also went to Fords website and when I saw it, it said 275. I was suprised at that because Road and Track, Car and Driver and among others were all saying 265. But they could have just printed what Ford told them to play it safe. What happened with the Cobra was terrible!
Glad to hear we are squeezing out more than I expected =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BB00797 on 2001-11-05 07:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
Same song, 8th or 9th verse.

The original PR said 275 HP. When Ford first started preassembly testing they weren't getting that. Of course not! Not with a newly built engine with no break-in period. Mickey D'Armi of Team Mustang wrote to me that rather than delay production, they went with an "ADVERTISEABLE" number, 265 HP. That's not the same as "ACTUAL" HP.

Check out the various dyno results previously posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts