Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replace my 4.6 SOHC shortblock with a forged 5.4 SOHC shortblock?
I can get the block at an excellent price and then all I would need to do is buy the intake spacers and have my heads freshened up. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Do what you want to YOUR CAR, enjoy it how you see fit. Can not worry about what others think. Do your thing.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Yeah, man, go for it.

Ford is really missing out by not offering the option of forged internals for Mustangs.

Maybe the Boss will be the one.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mus408 said:
Go for it! Will the hood still clear the Bullitt intake,with the 5.4 and spacers? And you do have ported heads?
I am told by a GT owner with a Bullitt intake that I will have to either cut out part of the hood-liner or remove it completely if I don't want to cut it. That will leave about 3/4 of an inch from the top of the hood. I could also get a PA Racing k-member with the engine mounts dropped 1 inch, but that would be $350.00 more dollars..I dunno, I'll see what future funds will hold.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
There are 2 people on this site who have 5.4L swapped into their cars. i myself was wanting to do this, but decided to stay 4.6 since im not going to need massive amounts of power to Road Race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts