Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

needs to be precise for best shifting
do not overfill.. 3.3 or so is fine... just not like 4 :)

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
The latest TSB that I found said fill with 3,0 litres or 6,3 pints of Motorcraft Mercon ATF

Comes in one litre bottles here.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
English Bob said:
The latest TSB that I found said fill with 3,0 litres or 6,3 pints of Motorcraft Mercon ATF

Comes in one litre bottles here.
When 1152 went in for the tranny, that's what they used. Drained the purple stuff, and TADA! It does shift better, not perfect. Just better!

BTW, I drove a four eyed Mustang the other day with the T-5. It does not shift as good as I remember them. It's a rebuilt so who really knows what is best! So, it's six for the one, half a dozen for the other. Keep :smile:ing:exclaim:

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I dropped from 4 to 3.2 of the Redline D4 ATF (I think), and the 1-2 clunk went away, but came back about 3K later. Filled to the same (3.2) with RP synchromesh and it has been golden for at least 15K.

·
Registered
107 Posts
bullitt03282 said:
does anyone no how many quarts oil the tremec transmission takes.... thanks in advance for any input!

I actually put Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in mine.(3.2qts) Never thought about trying
oil. Let me know how it works! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tanks for the help guys the bullitt should finally be coming out of the shop today if all goes well. it was in for a stage 2 s/c crower cam swap. thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts