Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EXCLUSIVELY for 2V Bullitts only...... A,somewhat, simple to install valve train part,that would increase the duration specs. of the stock OEM camshaft,but not the lift. Much like a hotter cam,it would open the valve earlier and close it later.
A hot cam without the hassel of changing the cams and springs!
I tried the theory and it works on a typical 302 roller cam/Windsor setup.
To early to tell if it is a practical idea on the 4.6 mod engine yet,but the basic mechanics work!
No, it isn't a higher ratio rocker arm.
Just want some feedback,on what the market could be. Of course all kinds of dyno work would be needed to prove it's worth.
Time for a patent!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,I'm making a deal with Cracker Jacks. Only thing is you have to purchase 16 boxes!
If,possible at all, it would most likely be as much as the price for a high quality roller rocker setup. But,on a low mile,2v engine,with good stock valve springs,you wouldn't need to go thru removing/installation and timing of the cams. Just valve cover and tappet follower removal.
I tried a mock up,on a 302 block/close to stock roller cam specs setup,and my little mod gave an increase of 27 degrees of intake duration measured at .050!! From 210 to 237 degrees! Don't,yet, know what the design would do on a SOHC 4.6 or if it would be durable enough. Cam ramp speeds and Lobe Seperation Angle should remain the same.
Just playing with an idea here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.