Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I sold 0776 to a very nice youg man , a Navy pilot , who gave me a draft of a pre approved auto loan.

I requested cashiers check or cash. After talking to his credit union and getting copies of id, loan papers, etc. I decided to let him take the car and keep the title until the check cleared.

My bank, the big #1, B of A, took the check and said I will have it show as "availiable" in 3 business days. I waited and after seeing that I sent the title.

Three days later my account was debted and in a hole by thousands because they did not initiate the loan. My bank teller did not see that my signature was missing on the check. He made out my deposit slip and put the check in the system. Never checked and they never picked it up to callm me to come in a rectify the missing signature.

I woun't bore you with the unbelievable tales of incompatency by the bank's branch management and support staff constantly giving wrong information.

I will pass one some advice:

1] Always and only take a cashiers check or CASH as car payment

2] Never give a check or draft to a teller w/o endorsement

3] Never do business with a bank that does not double check each negotiable instrument for proper endorsement and then put the blame only on you for the missing signature

4] When banks lie and break promises , change banks !
I missed a day at Barrett Jackson in Palm Beach last week because I was promised that the check would be at the bank early Sat morning for me to sign.
It never was sent!

BTW the new owner of 0776 was not at fault and was completly cooperative in providing needed information and phone contacts.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I think we all had problems at one time or another with BANKS!!!!!!!Like you stated in number 4: TIME TO CHANGE BANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!What a hassle and bummer you had to go thru this....

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Banks are only as good as the person helping you at the time.:neutral: People make mistakes:rolleyes: and it is up to us as adults to ask questions and verify what it taking place in any transaction, financial or otherwise. Having said that I won't bore you with the details of my incompetency on two occassions. At least they are the screw ups on me that I know about.:redface: Cost me thousands of dollars:eek: :exclaim:

Hope it all turns out OK in the long run for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts