Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing my ET slips,I went back through some of my old magazines to see how similar cars performed. How about this... 1970 340 Plymouth Duster,4 spd,and 3.91 gear,ran a test best of 14.09 at 99.7 MPH. Where have I seen that speed! These were rated at an actual 275 HP. A 1970 Mustang Mach 1,with 428 CJ,4 spd. and 3.91 gear,ran best of 14.11 at 101 MPH. Some good company for the ole Bullitt!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anyone know of a web resource where we can get the performance figures of the old muscle cars? That would be great! My dad used to race a 66 Fairlane and I would love to be able to show him that my 'new fangled' Bullitt is really faster! Hoo Hoo, Hee Hee, that would be hoopy doopy froopy scoopy sweeeeet!

The CatSmasher
2001 Bullitt DHG 1585
1967 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-07-09 22:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-07-09 22:27 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-09 22:04, Mus408 wrote:
After reviewing my ET slips,I went back through some of my old magazines to see how similar cars performed. How about this... 1970 340 Plymouth Duster,4 spd,and 3.91 gear,ran a test best of 14.09 at 99.7 MPH. Where have I seen that speed! These were rated at an actual 275 HP. A 1970 Mustang Mach 1,with 428 CJ,4 spd. and 3.91 gear,ran best of 14.11 at 101 MPH. Some good company for the ole Bullitt!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The BULLITT is capable of running high 13's we have seen it with the BULLITT Paul ran.I think any producetion car that car run in the 13's is GREAT!
"Respectfully" Stop beating your self up about the 4.6 2V. BULLITT is a GREAT car forget about the Cobra engine going in the BULLITT you have a GREAT car!I know your not happy with the 1/4 mile ET you ran on Friday.I'm sure if you were abla to run the car a couple time a week you would shift there the gears like John Force.And run high 13's all day.

ENJOY your BULLITT for the GREAT car it IS :-B

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-09 22:26, CatSmasher wrote:
Does anyone know of a web resource where we can get the performance figures of the old muscle cars? That would be great! My dad used to race a 66 Fairlane and I would love to be able to show him that my 'new fangled' Bullitt is really faster! Hoo Hoo, Hee Hee, that would be hoopy doopy froopy scoopy sweeeeet!

The CatSmasher
2001 Bullitt DHG 1585
1967 Fastback

I have spent alot of time at the Pure stock drags.I can assure you that alot of the early muscle cars run in the 14's not including the big dogs.
Todays big dogs are the, Viper,Z06,Cobra R,I think you get the idea.

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-09 22:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
Or think about the days of the old road races between the camaro and the Boss 302s. I'm sure there is someone out there wanting to take their Bullitt through the twisties side by side with new camaros and firebirds. Just keep one ear to the ground for the pounding of hoofs and the other in the air for the roar of the exhaust!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray,I'm not disappointed at all on my Bullitt times,considering the track setup on Fridays. Yes a little more expierence with shift points,and launch will make a difference. But you see,you don't know me,I am a true tuner and hot rodder at heart! Just take a look at my 85 LX one day. The Bullitt will most likely stay as is,with exception of a chip,and maybe an intake port,polish. This go round,I want to maximize what the Bullitt came with,keep it stock looking,no wild 4 cammer engine swap. On the road test articles,If you guys have something you want to know about,I more than likely have a road test of it in all my magazines......Wife hates them! Oh and I plan on coming up to this years PURE STOCK SHOOTOUT. Might see you there Ray!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok CatSmasher,this one's for you,as close as as I can find right now.... Strip test of a 66 Comet GT,390,4 spd.,4.11 gear, 7 inch wide Super/Stock slicks,with Fast Eddie Schartman bangin' the gears! Best time of 14.09 at 98.36 MPH. They came off the line at 4500 and shifted at 4700 RPM,due to early lifter pump up. This was due to a preproduction cam that had a bit to harsh a ramp,for the valve springs,they claimed. Taken from Jan. 1966 Super/Stock and Drag Illustrated Mag. One of the best of the time!!

1,169 Posts
On 2001-07-10 22:11, Mus408 wrote:
Ray,I'm not disappointed at all on my Bullitt times,considering the track setup on Fridays. Yes a little more expierence with shift points,and launch will make a difference. But you see,you don't know me,I am a true tuner and hot rodder at heart! Just take a look at my 85 LX one day. The Bullitt will most likely stay as is,with exception of a chip,and maybe an intake port,polish. This go round,I want to maximize what the Bullitt came with,keep it stock looking,no wild 4 cammer engine swap. On the road test articles,If you guys have something you want to know about,I more than likely have a road test of it in all my magazines......Wife hates them! Oh and I plan on coming up to this years PURE STOCK SHOOTOUT. Might see you there Ray!

I would like to see you there! Also i was afraid you might be offended by my post.I'm glad you were not!
If my 1965 Buick GS is done by the next Stock shot out i will be there with it. If not i may be there with the BULLITT.
My 65 Buick GS is a very rare car it's 1 of 598 made is getting a frame off.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cool info. I used to own a 1966 Mercury Comet. But mine was a 4 door with a 289 best I recall. It was still pretty quick cause we moded it up some - a real sleeper.
Sold it to buy a 1968 Mustang and it has been Mustangs ever since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts