Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Bullitt, but would like to have factory fog lights (or something that looks as good). Is this a do-it-yourself job, or do I have to take it to the dealer? Is the wiring in place already, so is it just adding the switch in the console and mounting the lights themselves? Instructions posted anywhere? Things to watch for? Best place to order?

Any help appreciated!

Black Bullit #3650

·
Registered
223 Posts
Irish

It is definately a do it yourself job. Really easy. The fog lights hook into the wiring harness and you will need to purchase a foglight switch ($20.00). This may come in your kit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought my 99-01 GT fog lamps on ebay for a lot less than you'll get them new ($60 for both).

I also had to get 4 J-clips and 6 screws from the hardware store. The fog lamps come in a plastic housing that fits right into the empty hole on the Bullitt. 3 screws in each and they're done. If you crawl underneath the front and look straight up, you'll see a wiring harness for each light. Fits right into the back of the fog light.

If you look in the power distribution box, all the relays and fuses are there.

Now the switch... it was backordered, but it is in now. I will be able to get it from my sister's house on Sunday. So, I am not able to give you the complete thumbs up on the project yet, but I will on Sunday.

Ford made a change to the fog light switch (what I have no idea) as of January 2001. So Bullitt owners should make sure to get the newer one. I will post the part number on Sunday when I finally get it in my hands.

I think you can buy the whole fog light kit from Ford but you don't need all the pieces in it. It comes with the wiring and all that. Essentially it does come down to 2 lights, a switch, and a couple screws.

I like the way the car looks better with the fog lights. I don't see how that simple mod could wreck the "mystique" of the car. I like it better!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I installed the fog lamps on#1725 and it looks great . All you need is the 2 fog lamps and the switch from ford . Also you will need to get the harware to install the lamps 3 fold over nuts and 3 screws for each lamp. 6 total . The fog lamp harness is pluged into a dummy plug on the back of the steel bumper reinforcement above the fog lamp opening . You can reach up there and pull the fog lamp wire down so you can use it . The radio bezel you can pull off with your fingers and install the switch next to the traction cokntrol switch .Fog lamp switch part # is 1R3Z-15A214-AA fog lamp part # s are XR3Z-15200-AA & XR3Z-15200-BA . The whole job should take a half hour to do .Have fun . Andy H

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
talk to Vickie too! (moderator)
she added foglights

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
aint that a bitch.... it took me more than 3 hours to put mine on... i didnt have those spring-clip-nut-thingies and used regular ol' nuts and bolts and lemme tell you.. it was a pain in the ASS getting a wrench way up behind the inside of the bumper... and being able to hold the nut and star washer and wrench behind the hole, and the bolt on the end of the screwdriver in the other, all while laying on my back and not being able to see whats goin on in the dark, deep, bumper... i didnt even think about those spring clip-nuts.. i could probably gotten them from an Auto parts store and saved myself 3 hours and headaches...

ah hell... :sad:

well now i know if i have to do it again.. i can do it in 15 mins! WOOHHOOO!!

you learn something everyday... even if its something that makes you feel so frickin stupid! :lol:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
i also used Hyper-white bulbs.. the light actually looks white! not yellow...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Reading this thread makes me want to add the GT foglights to my Bullitt also. But let me see if I can get this straight on how to get the parts--find GT foglights on eBay, and order the switch directly from Ford? (All the wiring & fuses are there, it's just a matter of mount, plug, & play--right?)

What I'd like to do, in my quest of making my Bullitt "darker" (per a thread I started in the "chat" section), would be to "smoke" the foglights. Any ideas on how to do it? I'm assuming it would be easier to do before I put the foglights on (which would work now cuz the Bullitt's stored in a garage for the next 2 months)... If the best way to do it is to paint the pieces, what kind of paint would do it best? 75/25 mix of black (oil, latex, or other) & clear primer? In all honesty, I'm less interested in the foglights being bright (since I currently don't have any). I could always buy some higher wattage bulbs from JC Whitney to counteract the darker lens cover...

·
Registered
311 Posts
So, does anybody know where I could get the foglights & an '01 switch? Velocity Mustang Performance sells the kit for Bullitts (lights & switch) for $106 + $8 s/h. AFAIK, these are pulls from GTs. Does anybody know where I could get them cheaper, but making sure I get the '01 switch??? Thanks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
When i bought my BULLITT i had the dealer throw them in the deal. I installed them myself in about 30 min. I also had them give me 350.00 in cash, just in case i wanted to purchase a spoiler for it. Good deal huh?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally would like to put in Quad lamps (fog, driving lights combo). But not sure about the switching. It would be nice if there was a combo switch to go into console where it is ment that operates both. Don't want to hack the dash up. Does anyone of such a setup?

·
Registered
311 Posts
For those still interested in this topic... I just ordered a pair from Haney Motorsport for $38.25 and '01+ switch for $26, for a grand total of $64.25 + s/h.

·
Registered
693 Posts
hey guys
This is really easy to do
i done mine in 20 minutes
as Carl says the trick is a magnetic screw driver, every thing else is plugging stuff
I went the expensive way I got the complete kit from ford witch include detail instructions wiring harness, both types of switches and all clips and screws

·
Registered
311 Posts
Does anybody know off-hand how to change the bulbs in the foglights? (I don't have my manual around). I got the pull-offs from Haney Motorsport and would like to put higher wattage bulbs but can't seem to find a way to get into the lens?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
heres a pic of nice fog light bulbs...

bright and WHITE!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey PaLiAcH,

Did you do any sort of special wiring or do the foglights work with the parking lights on only? Mustangworld has a foglight rewire info section at http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/fog1.htm
with some info. Did you do something like this or is your setup "stock" with foglights?

·
Registered
765 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-04 15:57, BUL2294 wrote:
For those still interested in this topic... I just ordered a pair from Haney Motorsport for $38.25 and '01+ switch for $26, for a grand total of $64.25 + s/h.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW !! I want them too but didn't wanna pay 100+ BUT $64 What a DEAL !!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
bought the fog lights on ebay for 50 sum-odd bux... switch from the dealer for 25 bux... and hyperwhite bulbs (#893 - 50w) for 17.95 bux from here:

http://www.showparts.com/templates/superwhitespurch.html

if u just pull the headlight knob to the first click, it turns on only the parking lights (and fog lights if you have the switch on)... on the net there is some rewiring to use the foglights only by themselves without the parking lights, but its illegal...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts