Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to adjust the headlights?

I need to bring them up a bit since I lowered the Bullitt.

I'm overdriving my headlights! :lol:

(Plus I don't trust those dastardly jackrabbits!!)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Page 51 of the owners manual

Locate the vertical adjuster on
each headlamp, then use a 7 mm
Allen wrench or a Phillips
screwdriver to adjust the headlamp
up or down.
HORIZONTAL AIM IS NOT
REQUIRED FOR THIS VEHICLE
AND IS NON-ADJUSTABLE.
Close the hood and turn off the
lamps.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Wolfie.

Mine didn't come with an owner's manual.

Instead, when I unzip the pouch in which the owner's manual should be, there's a note written in large, black marker which reads:

"OWNER'S MANUAL? YOU DON'T NEED NO STINKING OWNER'S MANUAL!"

(Just Kidding!) :D

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
On the drivers side you have to pull off the rubber grommet in the air filter pathway. I just used a phillips head.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wildman said:
On the drivers side you have to pull off the rubber grommet in the air filter pathway. I just used a phillips head.
Thanks, Dan, that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all the info, I almost drove off the road last night, I was just starting to think Bullitts were only meant to be driven during the day. Lol. Does anyone know if the headlights moving over time a fault on Ford's part?

·
Registered
6 Posts
:dhg08:
Mbyormar said:
Thanks for all the info, I almost drove off the road last night, I was just starting to think Bullitts were only meant to be driven during the day. Lol. Does anyone know if the headlights moving over time a fault on Ford's part?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
a tip for adjusting at home:
back as far as you can into your garage and close your door. --do this at night preferably, turn your lights on and mark where they are with tape inside your garage door. Then adjust them and mark where they are when you are done. This will help you to keep track of where you started from and what you did with your adjustments.
Mark where the car is on the floor with a sharpie or somethin'. You can adjust, then go for a test drive... re-do if you don't like.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Mbyormar said:
Headlights should not move over time -- UNLESS your driving on a washboard-rough road all the time. I have seen Headlight adjustments change, ever so slightly, by hitting huge bumps. (when I was a fleet/diesel mechanic, the DOT would inspect our vehicles every year, and the headlight adjustment was one thing they would check. After we had them adjusted the way the inspector liked, they very rarely moved)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts