Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get the ID plates for 976 and I can't find any information on where to find the build date. From what i can tell, its on the build sheet which contains all information about the vin and special codes. Where can I obtain this document? Is it located in the door jam or do I have to go to my ford dealer and have it ordered? Kudos to you guys for your wealth of knowledge. I have benefitted greatly from many members on the boards!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
The actual build sheet is inbetween the rear bumper and frame. Being as it's 6 years old now, I doubt you will be able to read it, if the previous owner hasn't already snagged it.

But...what you can do, is get an oil change at Ford, and on the Oasis report, it will have the build date on the report.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MustangMarkus said:
The actual build sheet is inbetween the rear bumper and frame. Being as it's 6 years old now, I doubt you will be able to read it, if the previous owner hasn't already snagged it.

But...what you can do, is get an oil change at Ford, and on the Oasis report, it will have the build date on the report.
What is this oasis report that you speak of? And roughly where is the sheet located (ie middle, sides, etc)?

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
mine was in the middle, between the bumper and the frame. About 8" into that small space. Some of the corner didn't make it out off of the build sheet, but it was almost all read-able and that was 4 years ago.

I am not 100% sure what an Oasis report actually is, don't get me lying!, but I think it has something to do with the history of maintenance on the car. I am pretty sure that you get one when you have your car serviced...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
You have to ask for them to provide a copy of the Oasis report. It isn't exactly a gimmie...I have an early Oasis Report from when the previous owner asked for it to be run.:wink:

I never found the Build Sheet for 1152, and it isn't in the notebook of papers from the original owner. So I suppose 1152 didn't get it placed in the back of the car, or I just didn't get aggressive enough to find it.:confused:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
yeah, just go to your Ford dealer and ask for an Oasis report. As long as it's a good place, they should just get it right there for you. I had someone on IMBOC run mine, maybe he'll chime in.

I found mine was built on 5/22/01, oh, it's coming up soon :) yay! And there is a sticker on the valve covers that list my motor as being built on 5/11/01.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Yes, I called my Ford dealership and asked for the parts department. I asked for the O.A.S.I.S. report and they looked it up in about a minute.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lo and behold my build sheet was still in the bumper where it should be. The bad news is I can read anything on it!

So im on my way to the dealer right now to pick up my 3rd hologram and an oasis sheet! Thanks for the help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts