jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
835 Posts
JJ,

Your number 1 FA F P42 X 11 F 233980.

P42 indicates the Passenger Car, Mustang.

X is the engine code for the Bullitt

·
Registered
111 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-02 21:23, TXBullitt wrote:
JJ,

Your number 1 FA F P42 X 11 F 233980.

P42 indicates the Passenger Car, Mustang.

X is the engine code for the Bullitt

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

OK, so now I really don't understand the whole sticker thing. If there is a unique engine code in the VIN (engine code X) that absolutely identifies the car as a Bullitt, the whole "metal id plates are too easy to copy" story we have been getting from Ford really starts to sound hollow.

Is the X code engine truly a way to prove that a car is a real Bullitt or not?

True Blue Bullitt #2964
'67 Mustang Ragtop

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RickyBoy on 2001-10-02 23:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
Is the X code engine truly a way to prove that a car is a real[/] Bullitt or not?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
No. My 99 S281 has an X in the 8th digit as well. It is probably the code for the 4.6L motor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2001-10-02 23:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quoth the Redbook (although I wouldn't stake my career on this):

1999 Engine Codes:

4 - 3.8l V-6 190 hp
W - 4.6l SOHC EFI V-8 260 hp
V - 4.6l DOHC EFI V-8 320 hp

Not sure what to believe. Think I will call my Ford Salesman today and send him out to the lot for some 'field research'. Since Saleen is a manufacturer, doesn't he assign his own VIN #'s

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I understand there were a lot of complaints about the '99 limited edition Mustang. These people, in my opinion, really got screwed. For an extra $2700 they got a set of aluminum wheels, a hood stripe, and a black plastic insert between the tail lights. Parts are available to modify any GT into a limited edition and fakes are abundant much to chagrin of the people who shelled out big bucks for the real thing. The tags on the Bullitt and VIN are Ford's attempt to stop counterfeits. But supposedly you need the VIN and tag to verify it's a true Bullitt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-03 12:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-03 12:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, the field research is done and it appears that the Redbook is wrong: GT's have the 'X' engine code as well. My theory is that the code was changed from 'W' to 'X' in 1999 with the introduction of the 260hp motor. Sorry, but it doesn't look like you can pick a Bullitt out by it's VIN#.

·
Registered
112 Posts
rummor at Ford is that each bullitt is indivdualy number in not one but two places. The one is obvious. the second one as rummor has it is that each of the 5,000+ has a differnt part with there number on it so your could be one the Ac unit and someone elses could be on the interior light. I found it kinda interesting to learn that

·
Registered
835 Posts
The obvious tag on the strut tower is No.1 Under the carpet, under the rear seat is the 2nd on the car. The 3rd is in Ford's archives. The archives also have the VIN/Bullitt ID No. correlation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts