Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They need to scale way down,and do what they now do best....Forget building cars and just be an engine supplier! They definitely have that nailed down!
I just saw their latest crate LS-3 series engine... LS 376/515HP. That is the basic LS-3 376 cube Corvette engine with a carbed intake and the factory hot cam...a little .525 lift, 226 duration cam,and that's it. All the rest stock parts.
All aluminum and it cranks out 515 HP...with factory exhaust manifolds!
All for $7,000 bucks!
There is NO Ford crate engine stock or aftermarket,that can meet those specs and price!
Makes even the most determined Blue Blood gearhead cry!
I won't say who their biggest customer could be,but you get the idea!
Do you think World Products could build me a Ford Windsor type engine like that?
But then that wouldn't be a real Ford engine...only a complete aftermarket Ford replica....no Ford parts!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Mus408 said:
But then that wouldn't be a real Ford engine...only a complete aftermarket Ford replica....no Ford parts!
Not necessarily a bad thing, depending on whose parts are used. Personally, I like the idea of a part which has been designed from the ground up as a performance part rather than a modified OEM part pressed into performance duty.

That's why if I even get around to building an early Mustang (Late 60's model) I would rather start with a bare shell and chassis rather than try to find and restore an original. That way I need not be concerned with preserving the OEM originality and can build it the way I want, with the parts I want and will feel free to upgrade it to current specs as best I can. I'll leave the restorations to the nuts and bolts guys...

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the World Products 427 stroker Windsor...525 HP with iron block. They are giving some deals on them. Wish I could afford the aluminum block version!
But the GM thing was just what they can do,and how low the price is,when it is production based.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts