Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My uncle was charged by a grizzly, so I'm sure he can relate, but DANG! That's the biggest bear in a picture I have EVER seen!!
What kind is it? A kodiak (aren't they white?), or a grizzly, or what?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-04 14:22, Badkharma wrote:

What kind is it?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

DEAD! :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello,

HERE IS WHAT I THINK OF THOSE PICTURES: WHAT A WASTE OF A BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME CREATURE!!! Make no mistake, I am not hear to cast negative waves to any fellow Bullittheads but, personally, I find hunting offensive. And, get this, I regret to admit that I used to hunt all the time. Now I say, if you must stalk a wild animal try doing it with a camera! Otherwise, I say LEAVE THESE BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS ALONE!

Again.....just my thoughts.

All the best to one and all,

Stan

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stan I agree with you about finding hunting unappealing. However, if a twelve foot bear starts running at me and I have a gun, I will shoot it until it is dead. Under the same circumstances I think you would too.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The guy was not 'hunting' the bear...he was the hunted! :smile: I don't hunt, but this is my opinion: if hunting didn't exist, the world would be overpopulated with animals. How would one like it if a bear charged into your yard? North Vancouver gets a lot of bears in neighborhoods rummaging through trash, etc, some even attack. I smell another bullittclub debate. :smile:

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
That is a big bear.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
IS THAT A REAL PIC?? NO B.S.??? I VE SEEN A LOT OF TROPHY BEAR AND THAT IS UNBELIEVALE...THAT THING IS HUGE..AS FAR AS HUNTING I GO EVERY CHANCE I GET..NOT NECESSARILY TO ALWAYS KILL SOMETHING, BUT JUST THE ENJOYMENT OF BEING OUT IN NATURE..IF THERE WASNT HUNTERS, THERE WOULDNT BE HALF OF THE CREATURES STILL LEFT..ANYWAY GOD BE WITH OUR SOLDIERS..

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
In a nutshell,
Licensed hunting is an important TOOL, used by Fish and Game departments to assure the SURVIVAL of wildlife, by thinning the game population down to the maximum population that an area will support without disease or starvation, which WOULD eliminate the entire population.....

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
The only way I could kill a living creature is if I was very, very hungry or about to be killed. However, I cast no stones at people who do as I eat meat on occasion. Just could not be the one to "do the dirty deed". My husband is a hunter and has killed his fair share of wildlife while he lived in Wisconsin. Could not imagine having a gutted deer hanging from a tree in my yard. Yuck!

-Christine-

·
Registered
501 Posts
I go hunting when I can.Like midlife said,It's a tool to regulate how many game animals will be in a certain area.I personally do not shoot unless I plan on eating the Game.I eat turkey, Hamburgers,chicken,pork chops,lamb chops,duck, venicen,etc.Different strokes and such.That was a huge bear and the airman had some BIG Ba!!$ to stand there and stand toe to toe.He could have easily been lunch.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
well in the great state of TEXAS where everythings bigger... thats barely a cub..

I could hardly say that witha straight face,
god da*n thats huge....

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've been at resorts on islands smaller than that paw. My guess is its a Kodiak.

I to prefer to do my hunting with a camera, but have hunted in the past and support it fully, not only as a wild life conservation tool, but as a legitimate means of providing food and other useful products. I also respect hunting as a means of communing with nature.

I must say, however, that were I to hunt again, it would be doing bow season. Too many darn Texans up here in CO during rifle season that shoot first and look second.

I could hardly keep a strait face saying that one too texasbullitt :wink:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I like the old joke I heard my first season flying in Alaska...
New pilot shows experienced older bush pilot his new "bear" gun...a .44 magnum handgun. Old pilot looks at it carefully, feels the balance, looks down the sights and says, "Nice weapon, Jr., but I'd change one important thing."
"Oh yeah, what's that?", says Jr.
"Well, I'd shave off these front sights here"
"Heck, why would I want to file off the sights of my brand new pistol?"
"You'll wanna file them off," says Oltimer, "So when the bear takes the gun out of your hand and shoves it up your a$$ it won't hurt nearly as much!"

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's gotta be a Kodiak, you know what kind of gun the airman was carrying? 300 Wby Mag. minimum to stop this animal! I've been in several hunting conventions and I have never seen a Kodiak this big! Biggest one I saw was 11'1" right after the visit to the taxidermist!

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
I would have pooped my pants.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My best guess would be an Alaskan Brown Bear. REALLY BIG ONE!!!! A guy I worked with was charged by a Grizz. 420 stitches to close his wounds and that was just a small female. I'd hate to think of what a swipe from this brute would do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts