Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
As damage reports continue to come in, it is apparent the coastal areas were severly impacted. Google Earth has an overlay to see the damage in the area, including Louisiana..

Quite sobering. As much as I like technology, I'm glad we didn't have this in place for Andrew...

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
IMO the majority of the damage from Ike was from the surge. Inland got beat up some, but the coastal area's are devastated.. Andrew on the other hand, came ashore as a cat 5 storm. Surge, while still high at 17', was the least of our issues. Had it been 15-20 miles further up coast, they would still be rebuilding here..

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
badasbullitt said:
Yea, the same with Fran.We had sustain winds of 70 mph when it came through Raleigh in 1996.And we are over 100 miles from the coast.
We had 80 mph sustained and over 100 mph gusts at the small airport six miles south of me. I'm close to 100 miles fromn the coast as well. The big problem was just the size of the storm and the tremendous surge that proceeded so many hours before the storm hit.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Madpoodle said:
IMO the majority of the damage from Ike was from the surge. Inland got beat up some, but the coastal area's are devastated.. Andrew on the other hand, came ashore as a cat 5 storm. Surge, while still high at 17', was the least of our issues. Had it been 15-20 miles further up coast, they would still be rebuilding here..
Andrew and Camille were the worst I've seen. Camille was relatively small in size though (luckily)

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Andrew was small also. And, luckily for us it was a relatively dry storm, fast mover..

Ike was HUUUUUUGE.. Man, I followed that storm closely, and it was incredible how big it was when it came ashore..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.