Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The people on the East Coast and Gulf Coast will understand this. You guys and gals that face bizzards probably get it. The one's that face earthquakes don't have a chance.

Took down anything that could blow down
Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive wheel system Automotive tire
Taped up the windows
Wall Brickwork Property Brick Door

Property Home Wall House Siding
Clouds rolling in
Sky Tree Cloud Atmospheric phenomenon Daytime
Got the twins in the garage somehow
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
Food. Maybe the last good meal for a while
Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Animal fat
Liquid nourishment - no dehydration here!
Drink Bottle Water Alcoholic beverage Soft drink

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Looks as though it will be nasty. Stay safe everyone and best of luck with this storm

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
What are those buckets of sand for Charles, keeping the B's in the garage? Hopefully it'll just huff and puff, and won't blow anyones house down.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Good luck. Our prayers are with you. One of my co workers is spending the night at the office. Bldg has bullet proof glass. Let us know your ststus as soon as you are able.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wind is starting to pick up here. It's 30 mph maybe with some gusts that are higher. Sucks that the bad stuff will be happening after dark. The coast is getting pounded. They had already started flooding early this morning.

It appears that we will be on the west side (good side) of the eye where I'm at if somehow it stays on track.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
BigBullitt said:
What are those buckets of sand for Charles, keeping the B's in the garage? Hopefully it'll just huff and puff, and won't blow anyones house down.
He's got an old Engine Block that needs sandblasted, thought he'd just go "out in it" and toss it at it from upwind a handful at a time............

:eek:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I think us that deal with earthquakes get it better then you guys. We do not stock our fridge with beer we stock it with water and enought to last a week or more. And if we did stock with beer we sure as hell would stock it with more then that. ;)

We are here in pearland and our house is all boarded up.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GreggVH said:
I think us that deal with earthquakes get it better then you guys. We do not stock our fridge with beer we stock it with water and enought to last a week or more. And if we did stock with beer we sure as hell would stock it with more then that. ;)

We are here in pearland and our house is all boarded up.
That's all the beer and water I could fit on that tray. We have about a weeks worth of water. If the power stays out longer than a day I'll break out this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guPmi6K_pQM

Just might not drink it as quickly. But then again I may. :smile:

Stay safe Gregg.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JC2954 said:
He's got an old Engine Block that needs sandblasted, thought he'd just go "out in it" and toss it at it from upwind a handful at a time............

:eek:
Ok. Here's the story. They belonged to my Mom. She loved her plants. One the pots had a plant that came from my Dad's funeral in 1983. She kept that plant growing for 23 years. She had a stroke in late 2005. She never got to go home. She was in extended care the last nine months of her life.

We cleaned out her apartment and she asked my wife and I to take all of her plants to our house and keep them watered.

I think we did a damn good job don't you???????? :lol: :lol:

Someday I'm sure I'll pay for it. Why didn't she give them to my sister??? She loves plants too.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3:15 am. Wind blowing hard. I have heard a couple of branches land on the roof. Not much more than a speinkle for rain so far. Power has blipped a couple more times since about 10:00 pm.

The eye center is over Texas City as of 2:00 am (between Houston and the coast).

The rain bands keep dissapating before they get to the far NW side of Houston where I'm at. Wierd!!!

·
Premium Member
6,224 Posts
Still lots of wind. Tree fell on my explorer. Not too bad. Bull safe in garage. Storm surge still growing. Water all over the road about 3 feet from the house. I DO expect to get water in the house before this evening. No matter what I do, there is no way to avoid that.

Anyway, the generator is pumping away. Wind is sustained at about 30mph and the gusts now are about 60. it was reported that winds got up to 110! I think that's what took out my tree that crunched the Exploder. I am so surprised that the cable is still on (internet)!!! Whoo-hoo!! Streets are not drivable, water everywhere. Many trees down, powerlines down all over. Out on the main roads and businesses, there are cars underwater. You can see tops of them, up to the mid-door level.

Still on the dirty side of this hurricane, I am in Orange, TX, on the TX side right where the gulf of mexico, TX and Louisiana meet.

I just hope that this thing picks up speed, as that will keep us from flooding so much. If it would just pick up a 10 mph speed, I won't get water in my house!! :) If I do, sobeit! Things are replaceable, our lives are not.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
AS someone who lives in florida I know what you are going thru. My thoughts and prayers are with you all in this area. may you all be safe and sound. Keep high and dry and stay safe. keep the bullitts lock away. and good luck.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I just heard from Charles (Bullitt 736). He says "Bullitt 736 is okay some damage".

That's all the info I have but at least we know that they made it.

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
Praying for you all...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tom2291 had a limb go through the roof of his home. Some damage inside. They have now power or water. But he and mom are okay. we had partial fence down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts