Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a million threads on shifters and such, but someone on here has the old school looking Hurst boot in their 01,and I was wondering where you bought the kit, and stuff. Also does anyone have the pic of that car? Maybe it was Frankenstang?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
05102 said:
I know there have been a million threads on shifters and such, but someone on here has the old school looking Hurst boot in their 01,and I was wondering where you bought the kit, and stuff. Also does anyone have the pic of that car? Maybe it was Frankenstang?

i have the Hurst Shifter handle with the 1974 FORD P/U rubber shifter boot if that's what your looking for-
I can post the part # for you later

·
Registered
325 Posts
My son has the TKO tranny in his Bullitt, and we put a Hurst stick on it. We bought two differnt sticks and a boot online (Summitt, I think), before we got it right. We glued the boot up under the original plastic, and so far it hasn't came apart. BUT, after the purchase(s), I was in an Advanced Auto Parts, and damn if they didn't have a bunch of Hurst shifter stuff hanging on their wall. It would have been easier to buy it in person, if we would've known. Go check it out, if there's one near by.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Here are three different options. First to last there is another version of Kerry's setup with the Ford Pickup Boot(Very Nice),

Then a view of a setup with the Hurst Boot, not sure who's car this is...

Last is a view of my car with the stock boot and Hurst stick...

They all look good, just a matter of personal taste. I liked Kerry's setup so much I actually bought the boot off ebay, just haven't installed it yet....:dhg01:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am presently in the developemental stage of having a leather custom shift boot made for the Hurst Billet Plus shifter. I am starting a new thread for anyone who is interested since I don't want to hijack this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.